Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after being frustrated with Acura and their unprofessional behaviour, I finally got an AMAZING deal on a 2013 BMW 335 X Drive with the entire M package, for a better price then my current TL which is going to be transferred to somebody else.

No more TLX for me..... :(

·
Registered
438 Posts

Reactions: J233

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
So after being frustrated with Acura and their unprofessional behaviour, I finally got an AMAZING deal on a 2013 BMW 335 X Drive with the entire M package, for a better price then my current TL which is going to be transferred to somebody else.

No more TLX for me..... :(
Congratulations! I positive outcome after all. :)

Reactions: J233

·
Registered
317 Posts
I really can't blame you for going BMW, it's actually what I was considering getting but i'm still exploring my options.
Did you at least get to test drive a TLX?

Would like to hear what you have to say about what it's like driving the BMW over the TLX.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really can't blame you for going BMW, it's actually what I was considering getting but i'm still exploring my options.
Did you at least get to test drive a TLX?

Would like to hear what you have to say about what it's like driving the BMW over the TLX.
Yeah I test drove the V6 FWD, and the AWD. Its a nice car! However, the BMW is in another level to be honest, the model I got had all the tech on it like the TLX.

I find the BMW has a more aggressive suspension (adaptive suspension), M sport brakes, and the power is just INSANE. Plus all the cameras that are on it, make it an all in one wonderful car.

However, I wouldn't pay the full price for it to have all that, I got a good deal.
The TLX does offer a good bang for your buck price! The BMW is more like a "can't wait to drive it type of car", where the TLX is more of a "good car to have".

If it wasn't for the crappy service Acura gave me, and the amazing deal I got on this car, I would have gone for the TLX V6 AWD.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
i wonder about the long term maintenance costs on this car. at least it's still on warranty for the next 2-3 yrs.

and i see that the windows are tinted and looks pretty darn dark. i thought quebec doesnt allow window tinting on cars at all?

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Quebec allows very little tint on the front windows. 70% I believe which is close to stock. The rest of the windows can be tinted.

Having said that I've had 35% tint on all windows (except for the front windshield) for years and I've never had a problem. It's rarely enforced......unless the car has Ontario plates of course. Haha

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quebec allows very little tint on the front windows. 70% I believe which is close to stock. The rest of the windows can be tinted.

Having said that I've had 35% tint on all windows (except for the front windshield) for years and I've never had a problem. It's rarely enforced......unless the car has Ontario plates of course. Haha
Exactly! My two other cars had 35% in front.....anyways you don't get stopped just for that unless the cop wants to give you a hard time.

I simply put my windows down when I get pulled over.... Lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
Understandable given your bad experience with the dealer. Its really too bad but sometimes trying something different if nothing else makes for a more expansive understanding of the competitors. I had an M3 8 years ago and it was a blast, but the 2 issues I had were:

1) maintenance which I understand had gotten better in the last few years with the new purchase.

2) the car wanted so badly to go fast but as I live in an urban area there were a few times that the cars ability exceeded my own, no accidents, but a little spooky. So I resigned myself to a 300hp ceiling (btw if you really think the 335 only has 300hp you might be in for shock, its the torque curve that is insane).

With the new 3 series the only other thing that I didn't enjoy in my test drives were the run flat tires, loud, harsh and not covered in the service agreement (expensive). Its a good car but I would say the the TLX doesn't really compete with the 335 and if you got a great deal more power to you. The TLX is more like a 320-328 competitor depending whether you went I4 or V6.

The 335 definitely has a different purpose on the street than the TLX, but you're purchase flies in the face of folks who say you can't cross shop these two cars. Congrats and please let us hear the feedback of how things are going with the new car (even though its a bimmer)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went from a 328xi to a TLX awd elite. Different cars entirely. I like the TLX very much, but feel the suspension and handling of the BMW led to a "more fun" driving experience.

·
Registered
80 Posts
nice ride...but not exactly the same price range as the TLX (list price for a 2014 model of the same car list for 62K + PDF and taxes). Also as jcampi said reliability and maintenance cost might be a issue later on. But if you rent and change frequently, these could not be an issue. I like to keep my cars 10 years+ so reliability as well as maintenance cost is an issue and the initial cost is too steep for me...although I really like the look of the 3 series.

Nonetheless real nice car and I am sure you'll enjoy the ride :)

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2) the car wanted so badly to go fast but as I live in an urban area there were a few times that the cars ability exceeded my own, no accidents, but a little spooky. So I resigned myself to a 300hp ceiling (btw if you really think the 335 only has 300hp you might be in for shock, its the torque curve that is insane).

With the new 3 series the only other thing that I didn't enjoy in my test drives were the run flat tires, loud, harsh and not covered in the service agreement (expensive). Its a good car but I would say the the TLX doesn't really compete with the 335 and if you got a great deal more power to you. The TLX is more like a 320-328 competitor depending whether you went I4 or V6.

The 335 definitely has a different purpose on the street than the TLX, but you're purchase flies in the face of folks who say you can't cross shop these two cars. Congrats and please let us hear the feedback of how things are going with the new car (even though its a bimmer)
The power is INSANE! Like it jerks you back in your seat, and then some! Honestly its way underrated, doesn't feel anything like my TL. Apparently they say its more along the lines of 325HP & TQ. I drive it in comfort mode mostly, and once in a while in Sport, but its definitely got 2 personalities!

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went from a 328xi to a TLX awd elite. Different cars entirely. I like the TLX very much, but feel the suspension and handling of the BMW led to a "more fun" driving experience.
True, honestly, that's exactly how I feel, like its a fun driving machine, I get excited every time I drive it. The TLX is sweet too, honestly id have one of each if it was my choice...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.