Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a base model I-4. I would like to move the XM icon to the second screen and move the AUX input to the first. I have no NAV button to work with. Does anyone have the process on how to achieve this?
Thank you in advance...

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Hi Alan!

I've done it in my vehicle but do you think I could find it in the owners manual? No.

I did a quick Google search and came across this. Even better than the owners manual!

http://youtu.be/PT5qA6M5lws
Very good. This feature was added by the ELS update.

I moved all i-stuff to second page and put Pandora on the first.

Nice option.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi Alan!

I've done it in my vehicle but do you think I could find it in the owners manual? No.

I did a quick Google search and came across this. Even better than the owners manual!

http://youtu.be/PT5qA6M5lws
Thank you, andre12dbsi. On my base I-4, there is no edit button on the second screen (which would have been perfect). The only "edit" button I've seen pertains to the shortcuts.

Perhaps there is yet some way for me to edit my screen...

Reactions: andre12dbsi

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump!

No edit button on my TLX...

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Hi again Alan!

Summest mentioned that this option became available with an ELS update. I can't speak to that as I've only had the car for a bit over a week.

Would getting an update from the dealer be an option?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Hi again Alan!

Summest mentioned that this option became available with an ELS update. I can't speak to that as I've only had the car for a bit over a week.

Would getting an update from the dealer be an option?
I forgot that the base doesn't have ELS, but the update should be for everybody. It fixed and provided a lot of features for radio, HFL and NAV. I believe it was separate from the Rear Beep update.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Sorry Allan. I didn't realize the base doesn't have the ELS. I couldn't even find it in the owners manual for mine. I knew I had seen it somewhere though so it must have been the videos. Maybe you can check with the service dept when you're in to see if they know of a way. The service dept or your salesperson.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
This still doesn't help Alan but I noticed on the Acura Canada owners site that there are two different Nav manuals available to be downloaded depending on the range of a vehicle's VIN. Mine is in the later VIN range so I downloaded another copy and I noticed that the way to change the order is listed in the manual on page 152. I guess the 2nd range manuals include the update.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Before the Canadian go rushing to their dealers, this update has not been announced or made available up here. It was be part of the ODMD/Navigation update released October in the US, and included the ability to use a voice command to enter a full address into the Nav.

I am still hoping but not expecting it to be made available here.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I edited my audio order as soon as i got the car in mid December...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
So it seems that some cars have different software even if they are sold in the same country. Mine doesnt even have the option to edit on the second page.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I wonder if you can cross the border to get the update.

The update does a lot. I don't see anything US specific, like Miles instead of Kilometers.

:confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts