Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any association with them, but I always found the need to connect to Carplay with a wire to be a bother, especially if I was on a short trip/errands.

So I got one of those Carplay dongles on Amazon. It's not terrible elegant, but it does work pretty consistently.

They're not cheap (over $100), but for me it's a nice piece of gear that enhances my TLX experience for (relatively) short money.

Has anyone else tried these and had good or bad luck?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's an interesting point - except the car has wireless charging. If my phone is low (not common), I just slip it onto the pad under the dongle. I'm not sure when wireless charging became available.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's certainly true that a wired connection is a good way to go for many folks. I was wondering if anyone has tried a wireless solution - good or bad.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Be thankful you have Carplay at at all! There is a wireless aftermarket solution for the 2015-2017 infotainment units, and I think it’s around $600, but not sure if it’s compatible with the 2.0 system. Personally I definitely would not spend that kind of money to get wireless if I already had Carplay to begin with. On my 2015 it may be worth it if I’m going to keep the car for a few more years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only spent around $100 on Amazon for the adapter - it works ok, but not perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts