Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX Type S
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Anyone found an Android Auto wireless module that works for sure? I honestly do not care the expense and have seen several that look interesting in the $300 range. I want one of the new modules that also has built in Android OS to do split screen. I find it interesting that none of them list Acura but all list 2021 Honda models??? They look very cool as they offer both wireless CarPlay and Android Auto plus on board video using the built in Android OS. You can have multiple paired devices running at the same time as it creates a 5g hotspot. I used to have in motion video with no issues but it is getting harder to make it work. It would also be very cool to have both Android Auto & CarPlay running at the same time and be able to switch between them. I use Android as my primary but like the display of CarPlay much better. I have tried to skin AA and it does work but functionality becomes flaky at best. I have an iPhone due to my X6M is pretty much useless without an IOS based product. I want to bury the iPhone in the car and have my Android be primary for phone calls. I tried to leave the iPhone plugged in for the CarPlay but our head units no longer allow a secondary BT device to act as the integrated phone. It continues to try making calls using the iPhone which I do not have active and I basically lose all ability for hands free calling.

Looking forward to hearing from a few of you...happy new year!

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Motorola Sound website states it uses the Motorola logos under license by Meizhou Guo Wei Electronics Co., Ltd. Trading as SGW Global. Considering Motorola

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX Type S
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is certainly a licensed product, no doubt of that... It is essentially a SBC but all of the preliminary testing looks like it will work with our system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is the first I've heard of wireless modules for Android Auto (I guess because I never even thought to look). Does anyone know of or use a good module that does both Apple Car Play and Android Auto?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the first I've heard of wireless modules for Android Auto (I guess because I never even thought to look). Does anyone know of or use a good module that does both Apple Car Play and Android Auto?
Using this product. Only had it a week but so far so good.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX Type S
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Using this product. Only had it a week but so far so good.
So does it allow on-screen video from Netflix and such in motion? Does it act as an Android Auto device and then you connect your phone to it? It looks cool for sure!

As for the wireless Android Auto Motorola interface they sent out an email at noon today for pre-sale. I ordered mine for $92.00 shipped but this will only give me a wireless interface for my Type S. It in no way solves my in-motion video issues. I have owned well over 30 cars and I have always had in-motion video, my Type S is kicking my ass. I have a an entire installation team and other than using a rooted phone I just can't get past the new safe guards. I would even settle with a port from the Polestar browser but I have yet to find one. As far as I know it is the only certified Android Auto browser.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
So does it allow on-screen video from Netflix and such in motion? Does it act as an Android Auto device and then you connect your phone to it? It looks cool for sure!

As for the wireless Android Auto Motorola interface they sent out an email at noon today for pre-sale. I ordered mine for $92.00 shipped but this will only give me a wireless interface for my Type S. It in no way solves my in-motion video issues. I have owned well over 30 cars and I have always had in-motion video, my Type S is kicking my ass. I have a an entire installation team and other than using a rooted phone I just can't get past the new safe guards. I would even settle with a port from the Polestar browser but I have yet to find one. As far as I know it is the only certified Android Auto browser.

Cheers
yes, I can watch Netflix fluently when it connects to my car.i would like to appreciate that this Unit works perfectly for my need ( i was looking for a device using Andriod Unit without a phone ), i have atleast 5 such devices been ordered by its official website and this Carlinkit Unit marks above of all these Units.
Grey Audio equipment Electronic instrument Camera accessory Material property

Rectangle Grey Gadget Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts