Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woohoo! Received my gift card and wine glasses this week for being an Acura Advantage customer.

For all you members wondering where yours are, I took delivery at the end of August.

Now for a bottle of red…..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wine bottle

Our local dealer gives you a bottle of red one when you take delivery of your new car...and not a cheap bottle either

:)

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Mine didn't even give me a keychain!
Now that you mention it, you're right. I used to get key chains.

I guess the $ debit card was in place of the key chain. :)

==============================

I guess it is another Canadian Advantage. Seems they get better, additional options as well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Now that is awesome, more car makers need to do things like this, even something as little as a wine glass is still much appreciated, i know i'd appreciate it greatly.

was it any special wine glass or just some traditional wine glass?

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
People, focus. It's all about the money. You can buy yourself a bottle of red or Absinthe or some non-alcohol crap.
I always love to hear your perspective. :)

You look at the world without rose colored glasses.

There is no sarcasm intended. I like different points of view.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The classes are Reidel stemless ones that retail for $30 USD. They have the Acura emblem laser marked in the bottom. They were a very nice surprise.

The glasses were sent from Acura, not my local dealership. With my TSX the dealership gave me a fancy keychain and pen (same for my RSX). Back in 98 when I picked up my GS-R I received a tin of cookies in the mail from the dealership. With the TLX the dealership gave me nothing but plastic license plate frames.

The gift card is from Acura Financial. It isn't free money from the dealership. The way I see it, it was an incentive to have customers pre-order cars when the dealers had no inventory of TSXs and TLs to sell.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Incentives for the early adopters

The gift card is from Acura Financial. It isn't free money from the dealership. The way I see it, it was an incentive to have customers pre-order cars when the dealers had no inventory of TSXs and TLs to sell.
I think the incentives are also for people to buy a first generation car and work out the bugs we find. I also trained a salesman and service rep on many features of the TLX they did not know about. Forums are great for disseminating information among ourselves so we can understand and troubleshoot our own car. We are the real front line technicians. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the incentives are also for people to buy a first generation car and work out the bugs we find. I also trained a salesman and service rep on many features of the TLX they did not know about. Forums are great for disseminating information among ourselves so we can understand and troubleshoot our own car. We are the real front line technicians. :)
In total agreement with you!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I agree and thanks for being the guinea pigs. That's why I'm already on this forum every day even though I don't plan to buy a TLX for a year or two. I want to know that all the kinks are worked out and to know if there are any models or trim levels to avoid.

·
Registered
80 Posts
These gifts are not very expensive considering the cost of the car (50K+ when including taxes, winter tires in some cases, etc). It does not in my opinion take a great deal of effort for the dealer to throw these in...:). On the other hand would I chance an inferior and untested product for some wine glasses or wine bottle...I don't think so otherwise I would spend 50$ to buy my own wine glass or bottle.

But you are right about the complexity of the car nowadays. Loaded with sensors and thousand of lines of programming; there is a lot more that can go wrong compared to cars 40 years ago. New features are introduced from one model line to the other and sometimes even in the same line from one year to the next . And there is a lot of pressure from management to get the product out as early as possible before someone beats you to the punch. So the development team does as much testing as possible but at some point in time the product has to come out... with some bugs coming out with the production model.

One may wait a few years for the bugs to have been fixed but as many of you know when patching a bug (specially in software) a new one is created. Hey just look at Windows...:eek:

So what is the best solution. IMO go with a supplier/manufacturer who has a better track record than most in its product line. This usually means that they will show somewhat more restraint before putting a faulty product on the market (unless you have a captive market such as Microsoft). On this basis for cars, my choice is Honda/Acura based on my experience with them for the past 24 years.

Enough ranting, here is a few post of my new baby...picked her up last Friday night (the one on the right, the beast on the left belongs to my wife):cool:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts