Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20’ Acura TLX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
I am looking to tint my TLX windshield, however I’m unsure of the percentage. I currently have 15% all around.
What is your percentage and how do you feel about visibility through day/night?
Pictures are appreciated!

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Well, You have to check and see what percent the Ney York law states. If you don't and you go above that limit and have an accident, you will be at fault even if it is not your fault.

On a lesser reason, you will probably get pulled over and ticketed.

Reactions: MarcoTLX

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
110 Posts
Well, You have to check and see what the Ney York law states. If you don't and you have an accident, you will be at fault even if it is not your fault.

On a lesser reason, you will probably get pulled over4 and ticketed.
exactly thats why I left my windshield alone lol

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Same here but that is how I learned about it. A coworker made his to dark and was involved in an accident. In the trial that followed, that was the ruling. And the kick in the head is that his insurance would not cover it since he made an illegal modification to his car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It is a really a hit or miss situation since you have 15% all around hence your interior are darker and if you tinted the front windshield, it'll be more darker. You can go 70% but will be similar as not having it tinted unless you are going for the heat rejection.

For me I have 20% all around and 50% front windshield but it also depending on the what type of material film. I have ceramic tint so the 20% doesn't look too dark especially I have black interior when you look on the side. But funny thing is that on my front windshield with 50% it tends to be darker than the side. Maybe because the windshield are more angle than the side window where is is pretty much vertical.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The windshields these days are manufactured to reduce UV, along with acoustic sound deadening. Tinting a modern windshield is useless since you have to use a light tint, not to mention increasing distortion and decreasing night time vision!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve had 50% 3M crystalline film and currently have 40% 3M Carbon Ceramic film on my windshield. If I were you, I would go with 50% on the front windshield. With your other windows being 15%, you still would be able to see out easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts