Acura TLX Forum banner

Looks better tinted?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm so used to tinted windows. Feels weird driving without tints. So I Photoshopped to see how it would look on my TLX. I attached before and after pics.

I definitely think it looks much sweeter with tints. I'm not going to put the front that dark though. I don't exactly remember the percentage on my last car, but I think it was 5% in the back and 20% in the front. The front did fade over the years, the back was still hard to see through from the outside over the years. Maybe I'll go with 35% in the front this time, since a white car makes tints more obvious. I don't want to tint just the back and leave the front clear, that only look okay on SUV or crossovers.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I'm having the same debate. I've always had tint in my cars. Driving around today felt strange with just the normal windows.

I had 35% on my last car. They are starting to crack down on tinted windows so I'm thinking if anything I'd go 50%. It's not too dark but enough to notice on a white car.

Nice photoshop by the way. I'm thinking that might be Limo tint.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Every car looks better with tints. Although imnota faof of totally blacked out. 35% is a pretty happy medium for me.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I agree. 35% is good for me and still legal in Florida in the front and back door windows. In the back window I could legally use 15%. When I park the car, I have the rear of the car face the sun.

My Acura salesman has 15% all around, but he has to roll down the windows when he cannot see or if a cop drives buy. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm all for tint. I'm so tired of the fishbowl I've got going on! Can't waaaaait to tint my windows. White with tint looks so good!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I'm all for tint. I'm so tired of the fishbowl I've got going on! Can't waaaaait to tint my windows. White with tint looks so good!
I think everything looks good with tint. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts