Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I get lot of complaints from my friends during call using bluetooth of my car 2015 TLX V6 Base, They say they hear lot of wind noise. I will be on free way driving around 70 M/hr but the cabin is silent and I hear them clearly. I tried in Eco, normal and Sport mode in all modes its the same.

In city speed limits they hear wind noise but its minimal.

Is it same for all?

Thanks & Regards,
Harish S

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Compared to my previous TSXs, people on the other end of the call say the sound clarity is a lot better. It doesn't sound like I am on a speaker phone at all.

Can you try another phone or have the dealer take a look/listen?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi All,

I get lot of complaints from my friends during call using bluetooth of my car 2015 TLX V6 Base, They say they hear lot of wind noise. I will be on free way driving around 70 M/hr but the cabin is silent and I hear them clearly. I tried in Eco, normal and Sport mode in all modes its the same.

Is it same for all?

Thanks & Regards,
Harish S
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post.

Please introduce yourself and tell us more about your TLX. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Can you let us know what phone you are using? Software version? Battery level? Where you leave the phone when using Bluetooth (BT)?

There are many factors that can impact the quality of the connection. Some from the phone to the BT receiver in the car. The other would be from the BT receiver to the in-cabin microphones.

There are times (in another car) that with my phone, still in my left pants pocket (sitting in the driver's seat), it will not connect. Other times it will connect. I have not had this connection issue with my TLX either in my pocket or in the center Accessory tray (with lid open or closed).

Connection is solid and voice is clear (per the party at the other end of the call).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, I am using Iphone6 sw version 8.1, phone will be in center console.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the phone, both to landline and mobile gets lot of wind noise.

Regards,
Harish S

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
If you like troubleshooting, continue, if not, go to the service desk and ask them to check it out.

Try another phone to rule out that end of the connection. Make sure you keep all other factors same or similar. Location (GPS location) and time of the day could also play into this experiment. Location from the cell tower...

This type of data will also help the service techs diagnose this issue too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Something interesting to share on TLXs bluetooth.....

Other day I hooked up my MotoX to my sony home theater and was playing music in my living room. I stepped into my TLX(parked in garage which is approx. 15 feet from my living room) to mess with audio settings...
While I was in the car, the phone rings in my car! For a second I thought I messed up something. I answered the call and it was my friend on the other side(dealer rep connected my TLX to my phone at the time of delivery).

I don't remember if it switched back to plying music of the call ended, but anyway I was impressed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Something interesting to share on TLXs bluetooth.....

Other day I hooked up my MotoX to my sony home theater and was playing music in my living room. I stepped into my TLX(parked in garage which is approx. 15 feet from my living room) to mess with audio settings...
While I was in the car, the phone rings in my car! For a second I thought I messed up something. I answered the call and it was my friend on the other side(dealer rep connected my TLX to my phone at the time of delivery).

I don't remember if it switched back to plying music of the call ended, but anyway I was impressed.

Some phones based on bluetooth stack can stream music and handle phone calls at the same time. My iP5 will be streaming to the TLX and my Pebble watch will still be receiving notifications.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Some phones based on bluetooth stack can stream music and handle phone calls at the same time. My iP5 will be streaming to the TLX and my Pebble watch will still be receiving notifications.
I think androids should be able to do this since they already have multitasking features commonly used by its users every day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi All,

Is it same for all?

Thanks & Regards,
Harish S
I thought in something...try to check if the AC out ports are directed to the blutooth mic that is located close to the front internal lights and the emergency buttons...another thing...what is the speed of the fan of the AC you normally use ? High speed is noisy like wind.

Best

Fred

1 - 11 of 11 Posts