Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Acura TLX should be released next summer. That leaves us all wondering if we will get to see a concept car soon. The rumor mill is expecting Acura to show off a concept at one of the North American auto shows in either Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, or New York.

Even after the concept car we would still need to see a production model. So given the amount of time till the supposed launch, a concept car should be just around the corner.

Has anyone heard anything about a concept car? Anyone have any predictions about what we could see in the concept car?

·
Registered
727 Posts
so far there was one set of spy shots that we seen just a month or two back, can't be too much longer till we see that same test mule again and with less camo on it. it was covered up so much you could hardly tell what it was.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that we are going to see a concept car before the end of the year. That just makes sense to me based on spy shots and the anticipated release date. I just can't say which car show it will debut at. If only I were psychic.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think that we are going to see a concept car before the end of the year. That just makes sense to me based on spy shots and the anticipated release date. I just can't say which car show it will debut at. If only I were psychic.
All of the big auto shows are coming up so theres a big chance we'll see something. If it's not NAIAS, it will be Tokyo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How far in advance will Acura announce which autoshow the concept car will debut? What is the usual timeline?
it will probably be the weeks leading up to one of the major shows. if it makes it's debut at the 2014 NAIAS show, by late december we should hear or even see something

·
Registered
430 Posts
doubt it'll be tokyo. The TLX won't even be for sale in japan.
Yes it will, as a Honda. We'll get the basic shape and what nots, but going by Acuras track record we could see a branded TLX in Detroit or L.A...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Really? Do they sell the existing TL in Japan.

I only remember seeing the first and second generation TLs in Japan.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it will, as a Honda. We'll get the basic shape and what nots, but going by Acuras track record we could see a branded TLX in Detroit or L.A...
I have a feeling its going to be Detroit. Not sure why, that is just my prediction.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Really? Do they sell the existing TL in Japan.

I only remember seeing the first and second generation TLs in Japan.
They've always been sold as JDM Accords, but its not the TL its the TSX, the TL is bigger. Meaning the TLX is going to shrink back to TSX size.

the TLX will probably show up looking something like this just wearing Acuras triangle face...

·
Registered
339 Posts
exactly.. its the TSX thats sold in Japan as an Accord. Not the TL. The TL is made in USA. The TSX was still made in Japan.

·
Registered
430 Posts
exactly.. its the TSX thats sold in Japan as an Accord. Not the TL. The TL is made in USA. The TSX was still made in Japan.
Yea, well the Accord has been growing in size every year and the TLX is going to be a meld of TL and TSX, so it will fall somewhere in between size wise, exactly like the Accord...

The TL is a piece of wood that was supposed to appeal to americans who felt the TSX was too small... the original TL was special but nothing since has come close..

·
Registered
339 Posts
The TL that is selling right now is a popular model. It's one of the most competitive models to come out from Acura in a long time.

The AWD and 6 speed availability make it a rare care.

But the 3rd and 4th generation TLs are made in the USA and not sold in Japan and the new TLX likely wont be either. The Japanese do like the TL and it probably would sell there - but they just don't sell it. They have other alternatives from Honda (like the Accord - that is based off the TSX or the Euro accord)

The TLX has nothing to do with the TSX.
It is only smaller but it shares nothing with the TSX.

It's got a V6 for one. And its available in AWD for the other.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The TL that is selling right now is a popular model. It's one of the most competitive models to come out from Acura in a long time.

The AWD and 6 speed availability make it a rare care.

But the 3rd and 4th generation TLs are made in the USA and not sold in Japan and the new TLX likely wont be either. The Japanese do like the TL and it probably would sell there - but they just don't sell it. They have other alternatives from Honda (like the Accord - that is based off the TSX or the Euro accord)

The TLX has nothing to do with the TSX.
It is only smaller but it shares nothing with the TSX.

It's got a V6 for one. And its available in AWD for the other.
The TLX will become the Euro/JDM Accord. Companies are consolidating model lineups and moving forward with global vehicle strategies. No sense in producing 2 different versions any longer... at least not from a cost standpoint...

Oh and the TL is down 39.6% YoY in sales... and down 25% from June '13 to July '13...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The TLX will become the Euro/JDM Accord. Companies are consolidating model lineups and moving forward with global vehicle strategies. No sense in producing 2 different versions any longer... at least not from a cost standpoint...

Oh and the TL is down 39.6% YoY in sales... and down 25% from June '13 to July '13...
That is a bid drop in sales. I didn't realize that Acura sales were doing quite that poorly. I wonder why there has been such a steep decline. What changed?

·
Registered
430 Posts
That is a bid drop in sales. I didn't realize that Acura sales were doing quite that poorly. I wonder why there has been such a steep decline. What changed?
Its hand in hand with Hondas slow descent. Its not that Honda/Acura make bad cars per se, they just make uninteresting cars. Funny enough the decline started with the death of the NSX, now with the NSX coming back Honda/Acura could be the phoenix from the ashes...

We'll see if the TLX does anything but I have a feeling we wont see Honda/Acura turn it around until after the NSX is out...

future Acuras should benefit hugely from Hondas new partnership with McLaren Racing...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seeing how the ILX went to shame and didn't have much affect on consumers this only makes me think the TLX might turn out the same. I am hoping this new TLX can turn things around though. The NSX looks like a beast during the test shoot out.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Seeing how the ILX went to shame and didn't have much affect on consumers this only makes me think the TLX might turn out the same. I am hoping this new TLX can turn things around though. The NSX looks like a beast during the test shoot out.
I think the new TLX is going to be a stop gap. Just wait till we start to see those f1 bred 6 cyls and the subsequent trickle down of race tech into street tech. Also exciting is what kind of expertise Honda/Acura will glean from F1 in terms of KERS style set ups and regen braking. Infiniti used some of their work with RBR to develop their new performance hybrid system...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.