Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My name is Jane and I live on Long Island, NY. I have been driving Acuras since 2001 and still own my 2001 CL and 2010 TL. Planning to buy a TLX when the 2016's come out...but only if it has HDD! Anxiously awaiting info on the 2016.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rabbit, yes, the storage of Cd's. I have read that they might do away with it, which would make me rush out and get 2015!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Why? I have yet to use my HDD. All my music is on a flash drive. Works great.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I find both HDD and USB useful. With HDD I can borrow someone's CD and have it ripped within 3 songs. :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I cant even remember the last CD i bought. iTunes or PirateBay.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Rabbit, yes, the storage of Cd's. I have read that they might do away with it, which would make me rush out and get 2015!
I would think HDD will still be available on 2016 model but if not, it will probably be more high tech than HDD.
Who knows Acura might include itunes on the 2016 models and songs will be downloaded through icloud ?. Having said that, i think there will be still HDD.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The problem with doing away with the CD player would be the elimination of DTC-CD which is the best music source. An enhancement rather than elimination would be the ability to store DTS-CD's to the HDD.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The problem with doing away with the CD player would be the elimination of DTC-CD which is the best music source. An enhancement rather than elimination would be the ability to store DTS-CD's to the HDD.
I agree. I used to have it on my 2010 TSX Tech ELS and sound was superb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had purchased my $55,000 Acura RL from King just a couple of years before. We are on our third new head unit, and several different memory. Knowing I might need a jump again in the morning, I woke up early to see if my car would start. The second is consumers who buy a third-party warranty and file. I will also recommend for them to see my sales person since I know he will make them satisfied with their future purchase.

TDCJ Parole Packet

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I think HDD are still standard... hey maybe instead of a HDD they will have a flash drive :)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I had purchased my $55,000 Acura RL from King just a couple of years before. We are on our third new head unit, and several different memory. Knowing I might need a jump again in the morning, I woke up early to see if my car would start. The second is consumers who buy a third-party warranty and file. I will also recommend for them to see my sales person since I know he will make them satisfied with their future purchase.

Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see you're an Acura fan.

Nice advertising sig line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts