Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so most of us here have at least an interest if not a passion for the TLX. I guess what I'm curious about is what criteria people use to arrive at such a decision?

Using this list or an adaptation there of how do you prioritize things (and no I'm not into marketing strategies)? This my ranking:

Quality
Value
Performance
Practicality
Brand Loyalty
Prestige
Circumstances (i.e. company made you get a sedan, or are you mad at another manufacturer)

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I think my order would be:

Quality
Performance
Practicality
Brand Loyalty
Value
Prestige
Circumstances

I think price point would be in there as well. What I mean by that is what your budget is. I suppose that would fall in the value line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
For me it was the next logical progression from the late TSX. If the TLX was never offered, I would probably be driving a 2015 TSX soon.

I believe I would order the list as follows:

Circumstance (TSX no longer offered.)
Price Point
Practicality
Value
Quality
Performance
Prestige

·
Registered
430 Posts
Bang For Your Buck...

I think that about sums it up nicely, I maximize my time why should I not maximize my dollars? Sure I could get a Bimmer, yes the "experience" may be great, but you know what, I'm no Ricky Racer, I've got a bike for speed, TLX offers me features that in a similarly equipped BMW would be WELL into the $40's...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quality for me is always number one on my list with great customer focused services at number two. For me if you hit on these two the other variables take care of themselves!

·
Registered
181 Posts
yep....could buy a BMW, Mercedes or Audi, but don't want to deal with repair bills and break downs. Not worth the extra up front cost, and the long term cost to drive a badge.

·
Registered
987 Posts
My buddy has a 2013 Audi A6 and is not happy with their service at all and he tried 3 different dealerships.

One dealership refused to give him a loaner saying it was offered only to people who bought the car there. I was shocked to hear that.

I have taken my Acuras to dealerships I didn't buy from and had a uniform treatment. They went as far as renting a car for me for free if a loaner wasn't available. I'm extremely happy with the after sales service which is crucial for a luxury car and ever more so if you're paying more to get a German brand but apparently they lack in that department.

Furthermore, it costs me only $70 to get the oil changed at the dealership and not $350 that Benz will charge for a C-class and $500 for an E-class.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Furthermore, it costs me only $70 to get the oil changed at the dealership and not $350 that Benz will charge for a C-class and $500 for an E-class.
It costs $70 for an oil change?? Why is that? Is there anything special or is that kind of the going rate at the dealership? Just curious because I change my own oil, so haven't had a dealership change my oil. Been eyeing up a TLX for about 4 months now. Was waiting for '16, but now so frustrated that they didn't even include android auto, that I'm thinking of just getting an Accord. Just aggravated!

·
Registered
987 Posts
It costs $70 for an oil change?? Why is that? Is there anything special or is that kind of the going rate at the dealership? Just curious because I change my own oil, so haven't had a dealership change my oil. Been eyeing up a TLX for about 4 months now. Was waiting for '16, but now so frustrated that they didn't even include android auto, that I'm thinking of just getting an Accord. Just aggravated!
Dealerships always charge more for everything but at $70 they are on par with Mr. Lube and they are considered expensive. Midas on the other hand charges $40.

If AWD isn't a requirement for you then Accord is definitely a good option.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I believe the $70 oil change that the dealer does is called the A Plus service which I got done for $73 a few weeks ago. The Acura Canada website shows the A Plus service as the following:

A Plus Service†: Includes premium quality 0W20 oil; lubricate all locks and hinges; examination of exterior lights; horn and wipers; coolant, brake & washer fluid check; inspect tires for damage, wear, and check and adjust pressure; and the exterior wash of your vehicle. Price for service may vary. All environmental & waste disposal charges included. If the service indicator does not come on within the year, change your oil every 12 months.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I believe the $70 oil change that the dealer does is called the A Plus service which I got done for $73 a few weeks ago. The Acura Canada website shows the A Plus service as the following:

A Plus Service†: Includes premium quality 0W20 oil; lubricate all locks and hinges; examination of exterior lights; horn and wipers; coolant, brake & washer fluid check; inspect tires for damage, wear, and check and adjust pressure; and the exterior wash of your vehicle. Price for service may vary. All environmental & waste disposal charges included. If the service indicator does not come on within the year, change your oil every 12 months.
That's all standard stuff even guys at Mr. lube do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts