Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think the TLX is still in active development or quietly stored away quietly? There must be a reason for the lack of any news.

·
Registered
339 Posts
No clue. All the buzz seems to be around the RLX for now.

Personally I can't wait to see how the new TL looks and what they are going to do with the interior and drivetrain.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Still no news really :(

Not even some news that explains why there is no news.

We know the the TLX should be released next year, but we don't even know what time next year it would be.

The last thing I have heard/seen about the TLX were spy shots from a while ago.

·
Registered
430 Posts
WELL, you have to figure if Acura went and blew their wad on the TLX a year early they are going to collapse TL and TSX sales. If folks know whats coming down the pipe they are more inclined to wait, barring a sock rocking incentive of course.

Self Preservation, you think Acura wants to get stuck with all that TL and TSX inventory, HA.

·
Registered
339 Posts
And the TL was just updated a year ago. I'd say another year before they attempt to reveal a revamp

·
Registered
228 Posts
WELL, you have to figure if Acura went and blew their wad on the TLX a year early they are going to collapse TL and TSX sales. If folks know whats coming down the pipe they are more inclined to wait, barring a sock rocking incentive of course.

Self Preservation, you think Acura wants to get stuck with all that TL and TSX inventory, HA.
I never really thought about how the release of the TLX would affect sales of the TL and the TSX. IT certainly makes sense why Acura would be holding out on us with the release of the TLX. Car companies have been around the block a few times with model releases. They know how to play hard to get.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I never really thought about how the release of the TLX would affect sales of the TL and the TSX. IT certainly makes sense why Acura would be holding out on us with the release of the TLX. Car companies have been around the block a few times with model releases. They know how to play hard to get.
its pure self preservation. If we all know the TLX is coming and what it will be we have ultimate leverage when walking into the dealership. Keeping the details secret Acura has all the leverage and is still able to command maximum retail price for TL and TSX. If i was a business i know i would want to make an extra $5k/sale if it was possible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
And the TL was just updated a year ago. I'd say another year before they attempt to reveal a revamp
Yeah there has been no news update or any rumors what so ever. I have a feeling Acura is just keeping an eye on the competitors at the moment and playing it safe.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yeah there has been no news update or any rumors what so ever. I have a feeling Acura is just keeping an eye on the competitors at the moment and playing it safe.
It takes years to develop a vehicle, some car makers need up to 5 years. For all we know the Acura TLX could be well underway. Just give it time, something will come out about it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It takes years to develop a vehicle, some car makers need up to 5 years. For all we know the Acura TLX could be well underway. Just give it time, something will come out about it.
The TLX is already developed mate, goes by the name of Honda Accord... Probably staggering the release. Ford did the same with Fusion and MKZ. Same cars but released about a year apart.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The TLX is already developed mate, goes by the name of Honda Accord... Probably staggering the release. Ford did the same with Fusion and MKZ. Same cars but released about a year apart.
LOL well of course the TLX will be based off of the Accord. If you want to put it like that then we can say the new NSX is already here ....it goes by the name of RLX :D

Keep in mind there are significant changes to be done, yea the Accord is a version of it but it's still not a TLX. We have to wait.

·
Registered
339 Posts
the headlights are probably guaranteed for the TLX.

Not much the new Accord offers that makes it superior to the existing TL really. The new TLX should be an improvement on the existing TL and the new Accord.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.