Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe everyone can throw their opinion on here...

When I was in the market for a midsized sedan. I had a few requirements.

-At least a V6
-Had to have AWD
-6 speed manual transmission

Maybe I am wrong but there is nothing from BMW or Lexus that had AWD and a 6 speed.

The only real competitor for me was the Audi S4 which starts at $50k and the S5 (even more)

i would have LOVED to get the Audi. S4 S5 or A6 or S6, I would have been happy with any of them. But they are sure pricey and looking at maintenance records and cost to maintain. I wasn't sure if I wanted to invest in an Audi for something that would be used for the family. If I wanted high maintenance costs I would just get a real sports coupe. For me it was because I wanted a reliable AWD family car that was still fun to drive (6 speed) and the TL seemed to be the only one that hit the mark.

Whats your reason? :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you sure the German cars don't offer AWD six speed manual cars? Mercedes has their 4matics, BMW has their Xdrive, and Audi has the Quattro system. These are all 4 wheel drive systems. I'm also pretty sure you can get all if not most of their coupes and sedans with manual 6 speed transmissions. Also the V6 engine is a common engine for them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I love the TL for the same reasons, it might be at the bottom of the luxury sedan world but it still offers some of the best things to an enthusiast like the dying 6 speed manual that every car maker seems to be replacing with a DCT

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't think of any BMW sedans that are 6 speed and AWD.

Mercedes doesn't offer 6 speed at all.

And all of the Audis are the 3.0L turbo. I know some quattro models might be offered in manual. Lexus doesnt offer anything and Infiniti doesnt either. At least not for sedans.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me, also

Maybe everyone can throw their opinion on here...

When I was in the market for a midsized sedan. I had a few requirements.

-At least a V6
-Had to have AWD
-6 speed manual transmission

Maybe I am wrong but there is nothing from BMW or Lexus that had AWD and a 6 speed.

The only real competitor for me was the Audi S4 which starts at $50k and the S5 (even more)

i would have LOVED to get the Audi. S4 S5 or A6 or S6, I would have been happy with any of them. But they are sure pricey and looking at maintenance records and cost to maintain. I wasn't sure if I wanted to invest in an Audi for something that would be used for the family. If I wanted high maintenance costs I would just get a real sports coupe. For me it was because I wanted a reliable AWD family car that was still fun to drive (6 speed) and the TL seemed to be the only one that hit the mark.

Whats your reason? :cool:
I too; however, didn't get the AWD; and since 2012 have been very happy with the TL Tech.
Nicest handling most comfortable Acura of more than 4 in a row;
Want a coupe, and almost traded for the V-6 Accord coupe; but couldn't find one with navigation; I'm addicted to the navigation system; wished I'd purchased the side view warning system model; these cars have wicked blind spots.
Waiting for the TLX for now.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The TL is a PIG! The TLX needs to be lighter. Make it lighter with SH-AWD and P-AWS with a powefull V6 and you'll have a next gen TL that sells like crazy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.