Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Acura MDX is one of three finalists for the North American Truck of the Year. Acura has nice crossovers and SUVs, but it really drops the ball on sedans.

How do you think that Acura can learn from its crossovers that are doing well to make their sedans better?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think the biggest problem with competing in the sedan segment is that the competition is way too fierce.

They are going up against some big names like the BMW 3 and 5 series, Audi A4 A5, Mercedes C, E Class.

Hard names to compete against. And very nice cars to compete against.

In the crossover segment people want reliability, safety features. They aren't as worried about driving experience as say a sedan buyer would be

If Acura made their TL a bit more performance inspired I think it would sell a bit better.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Acura is getting their, the RLX is a sign they are slowly working on something. Now, they need to apply what they did in the RLX to a smaller and more lean platform like the TLX.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think that Acura could benefit from investing more in performance. They have to invest in some aspect of the car that they can say is better than the other models they are competing against. I don't think that Acura is going to out do its competitors in design. They are then left with technological features or performance.

I think that Acura's SUVs look nice, if they could only transfer some of that design to their sedans.

·
Registered
727 Posts
they're not going to beat anyone in performance with FWD bias vehicles.
They can, just the entry-level luxury vehicles. Acura is an entry-level luxury car maker, they do good in that segment, anything higher and they fall to the bottom.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Agreed. Honestly Acura should just switch to all time AWD that is RWD bias.
If they do that they will get more people buying their vehicles.
A lot of people dislike acura's because they offer FWD on all their models even flagship models, at least now they have SH-AWD, one step closer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts