Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can the mirrors fold when the car is put into park?

·
Registered
666 Posts
The only situation when they will not fold/unfold is when the car is turned off. But it is not automatic, the button has to be pressed or depressed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The only situation when they will not fold/unfold is when the car is turned off. But it is not automatic, the button has to be pressed or depressed.
Are we talking about side mirrors? Do they fold by pressing a button? I don't see that feature listed on any model of TLX. I have a 2.4 Tech(US).

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Minor loves vs minor hates

The tech packages and above in Canada have the power folding mirrors. There is a button to press which folds them in towards the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Canada seems to have all the goodies... first heated front window now folding mirrors.. whats next spare tire with underneath storage bin?

·
Registered
78 Posts
You kind of wonder what kind of marketing study Acura did which showed Canadians preferred power folding mirrors, and Americans don't. The Americans should have gotten different features that the Canadian version doesn't have.

On a side note, the fully loaded 2016 Honda Accord now comes with heated REAR seat like the Canadian TLX, so you have to wonder why leave out a nice feature like that in the American TLX.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The Canadian TLXs does cost a bit more to compensate for the added perks. Not sure if the price balances out if you were to add them to the U.S. base package yourselves.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Where is the button located? I don't think I've seen them.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
I also see the Headlamp washer buttons and the Heated windshield buttons; again only on Canadian models. So envious!! We get snow and ice here in Western New York!! Oh you Canadians send it to us too!!

Reactions: HAx5 and Gonzo

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I wonder, if you were to purchase a Canadian side view mirrors (so it has the motor to fold) and the Canadian door switch console I bet the wiring harness is in the door already. You can probably connect and then install the switch after replacing the existing door switch console you would be in business... but is it worth it?

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
I would bet that the harness is not there.
I liked the folding mirrors at first glance, but thought about it and decided that it wasn't worth it. I prefer the heated Windshield.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Yes that would be handy as well. You would quickly check for the folding mirrors harness if you open the door switch console... however I bet you are correct.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So.... Going back to the OP's question, does anyone know why they don't fold on their own when shifted into Park? That would be an awesome setting to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
So.... Going back to the OP's question, does anyone know why they don't fold on their own when shifted into Park? That would be an awesome setting to have.

Welcome to the forum! What type of TLX do you drive?

Unless a person was on the design team it's hard to say why they make their decisions. Maybe because folding mirrors aren't on all models it was easier (cheaper?) to add the switch to the door for the models that do instead of programming something into the software to know it's parked.

Another thing that comes to mind is the chance of burning out the motor in heavy ice although other manufacturers have the feature configured to work in park so........

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What type of TLX do you drive?

Unless a person was on the design team it's hard to say why they make their decisions. Maybe because folding mirrors aren't on all models it was easier (cheaper?) to add the switch to the door for the models that do instead of programming something into the software to know it's parked.

Another thing that comes to mind is the chance of burning out the motor in heavy ice although other manufacturers have the feature configured to work in park so........

Thanks for the welcome! I have a white on parchment elite SH-AWD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts