Acura TLX Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed a hitch on my 2018 TLX. I love to mountain bike and had one on my 2013 TL and put it on first thing when I got this one. I never even considered it being a warranty issue. :( I won't tow anything. In fact the hitch I have won't receive a ball. just a bike rack.

Also, there are two different hitch designs. One you lower the exhaust and mount it from the bottom. the other you remove the rear bumper and sandwich it between the bumper and the car.

I chose the second one because the under mount one shows a bar all the way across the bottom of the car and I didn't think it looked very good. I have pics if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would love to see the pictures of the Draw-Tite hitch if you don't mind sharing them. Been digging all over and can't find any.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd like to see the hitch pictures. Your choice makes sense selecting the one sandwiched it between the bumper and the car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the presence of BSI, parking, and any other sensors located behind the rear bumper cover complicate removing/replacing it to install the draw-tite hitch? Would there be any need to re-align or calibrate any sensors?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed a hitch on my 2018 TLX. I love to mountain bike and had one on my 2013 TL and put it on first thing when I got this one. I never even considered it being a warranty issue. :( I won't tow anything. In fact the hitch I have won't receive a ball. just a bike rack.

Also, there are two different hitch designs. One you lower the exhaust and mount it from the bottom. the other you remove the rear bumper and sandwich it between the bumper and the car.

I chose the second one because the under mount one shows a bar all the way across the bottom of the car and I didn't think it looked very good. I have pics if anyone is interested.
Where are the pics? 🙏😁

·
Registered
2019 TLX base model V6 with P-AWS in Pearl White
20 Posts
I was thinking of a hitch to make transporting y bicycle easier as well. Would love to see your pics.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts