Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Very nice indeed.

Congratulations!

I hope to see my red TLX tech by the end of this month, according to salesman.

Please offer more details when you can.

p.s. - I see you got the Bridgestone Tires. I guess Michelin is no longer a standard?:(

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Hey Congrats bro! Beautiful colour and interior! How did you get it so fast?

By the way, are those 18" or 17"?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really thought it was going to take a while to get used to...24 hours later and it's pretty natural..Each gear has a distinct feel...for example, reverse you pull back on, drive is the only big round button. It's really much better than i expected, but i can't say its any better than a traditional stick, but i do like the cleaner look of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! worked with a great dealer here in Cincinnati..My salesman had been working with me for a few months on a TL but i just could not pull the trigger knowing this was right around the corner. Got an email on thursday telling me they had several coming in on Friday. I checked out the white one i ended up buying as well as a black with grey interior that had the advance package...It was really a tough call, both interiors were killer. It just came down to the advance package being about 3k more for features i didn't really need. The tires are 18 inch Bridgestones. I had been looking at several cars over the past three months (TL, 328, Q50, and A4), they are all great cars, but i am very happy with the TLX and am glad i waited. Now if i can just figure out how to turn off the GPS safety features so my wife can punch in an address while we are driving we will be in good shape:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
How were you able to get the V-6 when I've been waiting to preorder it & the dealer keeps saying that I can't yet because they didn't start assembling the V-6 engine-models?

·
Registered
430 Posts
white with spro interior.... hmmmmmmmmm I dunno man that combo is really starting to work on me.... Hows the white, is it solid or a bit sparkly?

Oh and a big time congrats, believe you're the first on the boards ;)

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
white with spro interior.... hmmmmmmmmm I dunno man that combo is really starting to work on me.... Hows the white, is it solid or a bit sparkly?

I know man, i'm having the same issue choosing between the white and the black exterior...

·
Registered
430 Posts
I know man, i'm having the same issue choosing between the white and the black exterior...
My problem is a little more 'complex' if you will ;) i want the spro interior, whites nice but only if its a nice metallic white, but I'm also into the copper black, the red and the blue, which are ebony interior. SO its a war, do I care more about interior color or exterior...

bro lifes hard ;)0:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thanks! The white is really nice...I have never liked white cars but as soon as i saw this one i loved it. It has a hint of sparkle to it, but it's really more of a rich white but not overly metallic looking.. I was also trying to choose between the white and black, ultimately i went with the white for a few reasons... First i loved the brown interior, and secondly the white seemed to highlight the cool exterior design accents, the black seemed to hide the design lines more....

Ed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats! Do you have a hook up or something how the **** did you get it so fast!?
Thanks...No hook up, just a good dealer that i have been working with for a while...They got a batch of 4 in last week and i understand they got more in this week. Seems like all the ones that came in are v6 tech or advanced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks! The white is really nice...I have never liked white cars but as soon as i saw this one i loved it. It has a hint of sparkle to it, but it's really more of a rich white but not overly metallic looking.. I was also trying to choose between the white and black, ultimately i went with the white for a few reasons... First i loved the brown interior, and secondly the white seemed to highlight the cool exterior design accents, the black seemed to hide the design lines more....

Ed
Although I too like the white, but in pictures on the Acura site it appears the darker colors highlight the design lines more. So that's not the case in person? Also I really wanted white with parchment but that combo is not available. Not sure if I like the two tone espresso and dark brown interior, as the sides of console and seats are darker, as opposed to one color throughout when you get gray or parchment in other exteriors. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I thought only the Advance trim gets the electronic shifter. I'm a little bummed about it, since I think I'd like the lever to rest my hand on.

I like the white as well, but only would get it with black leather. It's may sound odd, but I liked the second gen TSX side and rear much better than the TLX.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts