Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my TLX for a couple of weeks now.I am wanting to wax this beautiful car. Which wax do you TLX owners use? i have used Mothers on my Accords. Is there one that stands out better than Mothers? Thanks , Bobbo1234

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I've always use Mcguiars Gold Glass Carnuba wax with really nice results.

http://www.meguiars.com/m-en/product/1673/gold-class-carnauba-plus-liquid-wax

Last year I got a bit more ambitious and used a polish called HD Polish and then a wax called Collinite 845. The results were amazing.

http://www.3dproducts.com/hd-cut-adapt-polish/hd-polish-no-swirls-holograms/

http://www.collinite.com/automotive-wax/insulator-wax/

Before I polish and wax, I always decontaminate and then use a clay bar. However, since the car is new those steps can probably be skipped.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I actually meant to attach that to the previous post. Not sure how it got its separate post. Regardless this is after the HD Polish and then Collinite 845.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Used Menzerna Power Lock over the weekend, went on and off easy and looks great, super slick after clay barring. Hoping it lasts for a little while. Planning a long road trip at the end of october so I may put a fresh coat of PL on then.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Used Menzerna Power Lock over the weekend, went on and off easy and looks great, super slick after clay barring. Hoping it lasts for a little while. Planning a long road trip at the end of october so I may put a fresh coat of PL on then.

We'll need pictures.

I usually put a coat on the front of the car before going on long trips. It helps when trying to get the bugs off.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We'll need pictures.

I usually put a coat on the front of the car before going on long trips. It helps when trying to get the bugs off.
Hard to get pics of white looking very showcar-like without proper lighting but these are just some iphone pics.
The shots of the rear were right after it lightly rained and I had to wipe it dry again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Call me old school, I like anything with Carnuba and for a new car anything without rubbing compounds.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'll start out with a wash/clay then a polish with meguires 205 (105 if there is heavy marring) then a coat or two of blackfire wet diamond, for it to last a coat of meguires pure carbuna wax keeps it longer. I find that on darker cars i get amazing reflection /wet look but on the white it's not as noticeable.

i'm going to give this a try:

i normally like liquid waxes but i'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use Barrett Jackson liquid wax, it doesn't leave any residue dust on the car at all.

·
Registered
979 Posts
after a lot of reading i decided not to go with the chem.guys white wax.

i decided once i get the car back from the body shop to try the fire over ice combo. i already seal with blackfire wet diamond but now i'm going to seal with their blackfire midnight sun (who comes up with these names? lol) carnuba.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts