Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems likely that some of the new features may trickle down to the TLX:

1. Hybrid powertrain - this is very cool but I'm guessing it will be extremely expensive so probably not likely for the TLX.
2. Heads-up display - I'd like to see this in the TLX. I like that they're doing a more robust implementation with navigation directions, etc.
3. Electronic gear selector - This thing looks crazy. Of course it wouldn't work with a MT, but for those of us interested in AT, I think it would be cool.

Anything I missed?

·
Registered
339 Posts
highly doubt the hybrid drivetrain would make it in. I actually dont know.. This is where Acura willl have to get creative because to be honest I'm not even sure what is realistic enough to make the TL successful

They will need to offer more value but it also has to be realistic.

·
Registered
430 Posts
well TBH putting the RLX hybrid powertrain in a volume model like TLX would help bring the cost down through scale...

·
Registered
727 Posts
I would love to see it happen in the top trim TLX, no way it will happen in anything lower, maybe a toned down version. Top trim TLX with the RLX powertain will make it the high volume vehicle they need it to be for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think that the HUD will be in a tech package for the TLX. Not standard, but available for a few hundred dollars. I don't know about a hybrid TLX though. At least not for the first while. Maybe a year or two from now.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I think that the HUD will be in a tech package for the TLX. Not standard, but available for a few hundred dollars. I don't know about a hybrid TLX though. At least not for the first while. Maybe a year or two from now.
Definitely going to be part of a tech package, the best thing they can do for the TLX is make things like that optional to make the TLX even more affordable on different levels.
I also have a feeling we won't see the Hybrid TLX drop right from the original launch, it will likely follow the same release schedule as the RLX, which had the RLX hybrid drop a year after the original launch/on-sale date.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm not as super interested in the hybrid

I'd like to see more features come standard. Heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, a better navi screen and backup camera, nicer designed interior.

But obviously they wont do any of this.. All of it is reserved for the RLX.
And even on that its not standard.

·
Registered
430 Posts
would anyone be game for PAWS in the TLX? Might be even more fun in a smaller car like TLX than it is in RLX...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yea I could see PAWs making it to the TLX. Thats a feature that could make a big difference in the TL

Only thing is.. The TL already comes in SH AWD

So not sure how they could implement PAWS into the SH AWD.

·
Registered
727 Posts
would anyone be game for PAWS in the TLX? Might be even more fun in a smaller car like TLX than it is in RLX...
haha i don't think that should be a question, who wouldn't want that?
nothing better than having all the drivetrain/powertrain tech from the RLX in the TLX. PAWS along with SH-AWD will be a killer combo, even more so all of that on a hybrid trim.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yea I could see PAWs making it to the TLX. Thats a feature that could make a big difference in the TL

Only thing is.. The TL already comes in SH AWD

So not sure how they could implement PAWS into the SH AWD.
It would be offered as an either or. PAWS on FWD only, SH-AWD otherwise..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Can someone explain what the PAWS system does really? And by that I mean more what it feels like to drive.
The rear wheels turn as well. You just have to imagine a car with all 4 wheels that turn. Helps cut into turns better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Honestly I think a sport hybrid for the TLX should be available but I think most would be looking in to the hybrid aspects rather than sports characteristics.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I highly doubt the TLX will come in hybrid. If anything maybe they will put the 2.4L in it with a DCT

·
Registered
727 Posts
it only makes sense to offer a hybrid model.
im pretty sure it will happen, maybe not right away, but it will happen

·
Registered
339 Posts
If they offered a hybrid they would have to invent one because there is no way they are going to put the RLX hybrid system into the TLX.

The pricing would make 0 sense

·
Registered
727 Posts
If they offered a hybrid they would have to invent one because there is no way they are going to put the RLX hybrid system into the TLX.

They might have to do some things unique to the TLX but there's still a lot of things from the RLX that can be trickled down to the TLX.

·
Registered
430 Posts

not true at all. If they put the system in TLX it instantly brings the cost down. Economies of scale mean that as usage spikes upwards cost craters. So TBH honda may put the system in the TLX to help raise margins on RLX and NSX...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yup, applying the powertrain more will make it cheaper in the end, it's like this with anything, any business.
I have a feeling the TLX and RLX platform will share a lot of things.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.