Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My flat fixer reached its expiration date last year, and when I replaced all four tires last week, I decided to keep the best, buy a rim, and carry a full-sized spare in the wheel well.

It does raise the floor covering of the trunk by about 1" from flush but I knew that going in.

The real rub is I cannot even find the mm measurements for the hold-down bolt, let alone the bolt (and washer) itself. Right now, I using four 40-pound cable ties to hold the spare to the raised nut (the c-shape fastened to the wheel well floor), then more cable ties to hold the new jack to the inside of spare rim. It's a mess and I'm wondering if somebody could point me to an OEM bolt (can't find on ebay/amazon) or at least the mm measurements so I can figure out a workaround.

Many thanks for any advice from the forum veterans.

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
I think you are looking for the center fastener in this picture:

I'm not having any luck myself.

Reactions: jakfish

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's it! Thank you for the pic, I couldn't even find that. "Center fastener," that's not a term I've searched for; maybe that will produce different results.

Should be easy enough to create something ourselves, if we knew the mm. Right now, when you look at my spare/jack, my car looks like it's held together with cable ties :)

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
I've seen a fender washer and a wingnut used is former cars I've owned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll just buy a selection of metric bolts and see which fits, then work the hardware from there. The real drag is the trunk flooring is raised by the full-sized spare and it shifts around as you drive. I may actually Velcro it to the spare itself. More ridiculous every day :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts