Acura TLX Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
i dont think that is correct....the SCV(speed controlled volume) is monitored thru the rate of speed from the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) of the car via the CanBus, not the ambient noise inside the cabin. If that were true, a loud screaming baby or dog would raise the volume,lol.馃槈

Registered
21 TLX ADV
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
i dont think that is correct....the SCV(speed controlled volume) is monitored thru the rate of speed from the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) of the car via the CanBus, not the ambient noise inside the cabin. If that were true, a loud screaming baby or dog would raise the volume,lol.馃槈
I understand but, I like having ANC since it helps keeping the cabin noise in the vehicle quieter and with the SVC I don鈥檛 need to manually increase the volume while driving.
As you said the newer car pre amp signal should be digital but since I am used to Honda Accord (2012 & 16) and these inputs are analog, did you had a chance to check the pre amp inputs?

Registered
Yes I did the install at the amp and this Acura uses the MOST audio input system (as shown in the OEM wiring diagram) like the Euro cars have been for years, so we cant use the digital input. I finished all the wiring and amps late last night and today I'll be adjusting it all, but I can already say the output using the OEM speakers with the new amps is impressive!! After 30min my ears were ringing a little (and how it should've been built in the 1st place IMO) Using Audiocontrol amps, I can see both the OEM input frequency + levels on the PC and then Adjust the outputs as "I" like to hear them.
I too owned a 16 accord and doing hundreds of Honda audio installs in my company...the ANC is hardly noticeable when unplugged and does NOT affect the volume control w/ speed, in fact ANC shuts off when a door or window is open. People think it quiets the cabin drastically but it doesnt and servicing all manufacturers w/ audio installs over 20yrs., we have tested it in many models with the same outcome. We used to have a test of someone unplugging it randomly while driving to see if the other person could tell the difference and it was extremely hard to tell and the 5%ish change was not a factor at all. Also, if you are doing an audio upgrade (like a subwoofer) it practically defeats the entire ANC feature anyway if the mic. can pick up the sound...so unplugging it is the better option. For a couple bucks you could do a simple toggle switch and test it yourself.
I know the 2020 model had the ANC module plug under the glovebox but i havent looked for it in this car and feel the 2021 17speaker amp redesign may have it built inside the amp.(?)

Registered
Yes I did the install at the amp and this Acura uses the MOST audio input system (as shown in the OEM wiring diagram) like the Euro cars have been for years, so we cant use the digital input. I finished all the wiring and amps late last night and today I'll be adjusting it all, but I can already say the output using the OEM speakers with the new amps is impressive!! After 30min my ears were ringing a little (and how it should've been built in the 1st place IMO) Using Audiocontrol amps, I can see both the OEM input frequency + levels on the PC and then Adjust the outputs as "I" like to hear them.
I too owned a 16 accord and doing hundreds of Honda audio installs in my company...the ANC is hardly noticeable when unplugged and does NOT affect the volume control w/ speed, in fact ANC shuts off when a door or window is open. People think it quiets the cabin drastically but it doesnt and servicing all manufacturers w/ audio installs over 20yrs., we have tested it in many models with the same outcome. We used to have a test of someone unplugging it randomly while driving to see if the other person could tell the difference and it was extremely hard to tell and the 5%ish change was not a factor at all. Also, if you are doing an audio upgrade (like a subwoofer) it practically defeats the entire ANC feature anyway if the mic. can pick up the sound...so unplugging it is the better option. For a couple bucks you could do a simple toggle switch and test it yourself.
I know the 2020 model had the ANC module plug under the glovebox but i havent looked for it in this car and feel the 2021 17speaker amp redesign may have it built inside the amp.(?)

Registered
One thing i noticed is the rear 6" oem subs do not work... I know you tapped into yours already for your subbox. If your OEM subs are still connected, just wondering if you can see or touch the woofer cone from inside the trunk and verify it moves? I never heard any type of thunderous bass from them (like the front doors) and plan on taking them out to replace anyways.

Registered
21 TLX ADV
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
One thing i noticed is the rear 6" oem subs do not work... I know you tapped into yours already for your subbox. If your OEM subs are still connected, just wondering if you can see or touch the woofer cone from inside the trunk and verify it moves? I never heard any type of thunderous bass from them (like the front doors) and plan on taking them out to replace anyways.
Automotive engine part Engine Plumbing

I can hear them when listening to music.

Registered
I unplugged the ceiling speakers, swapped out the 2 rear deck subs for 6.5 coax. speakers and everything sounds better with the amps, but its missing rear sub bass that I may add a custom box in the tire well area. Im also going to temporarily swap back to the oem subs and see if I can tweak them like I did the front door midbass speakers.(they can play so much bass now, people think I have a 10in. sub already installed)
Oh, after adding the amps to the OEM system, I found the front doors doing audible tone checks (short/loud increasing bursts of bass) for about 6x over 5 min. of driving. This was the ANC microphones trying to make adjustments at even minimal volume levels (4 to 15).
Fyi, i cut the wire for ANC at the amp which fixed this and noticed NO difference of 'better/quieter" cabin sound while driving.

Registered
21 TLX ADV
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I unplugged the ceiling speakers, swapped out the 2 rear deck subs for 6.5 coax. speakers and everything sounds better with the amps, but its missing rear sub bass that I may add a custom box in the tire well area. Im also going to temporarily swap back to the oem subs and see if I can tweak them like I did the front door midbass speakers.(they can play so much bass now, people think I have a 10in. sub already installed)
Oh, after adding the amps to the OEM system, I found the front doors doing audible tone checks (short/loud increasing bursts of bass) for about 6x over 5 min. of driving. This was the ANC microphones trying to make adjustments at even minimal volume levels (4 to 15).
Fyi, i cut the wire for ANC at the amp which fixed this and noticed NO difference of 'better/quieter" cabin sound while driving.
I am applying sound deadening. Could you please show me the wire that you had cut from the amp to disable the ANC. I will cut it when I am going to apply sound deadening in that area.
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle door Automotive lighting Automotive window part
Silver Carbon Baggage
Machine Metal Engine Automotive engine part Nut

Registered
I am applying sound deadening. Could you please show me the wire that you had cut from the amp to disable the ANC. I will cut it when I am going to apply sound deadening in that area.
View attachment 25832 View attachment 25833 View attachment 25834
whoa!! is that the front door speaker?? If the magnet has a hole in it DO NOT BLOCK IT UP with matting, that is the vent pole and needs to be exposed. If its a solid magnet(no hole in the middle) you are good...but matting isnt needed on a speaker magnet.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts