Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "local" dealer (who is 65 miles away) has only one SH-AWD model with a $42K sticker. I checked almost every Chicago dealer (~100 miles) and saw only two 4-cylinder models. Does Acura really think the 6 cyl will outsell the 4 cyl by 5 or 6 to 1? Or do they just want to get a bunch of high priced models on the showroom floor? The reviewers all seem to prefer the 4 cyl and if I buy one, that's what I'll get. Heck, I'm not even sure I want the Tech package. Depends on how real the leatherette feels.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's in scarce supply right now, so dealers get the top model to show off. Once you commit and do the deal, while loving how the top model looks and feels, they'll deliver your plain looking 4 banger.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I don't know why but my dealer said they're getting 4 cylinder models first and then the v6 and THEN sh-awd. Maybe cuz i live in Canada i'm getting screwed...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where are the Slate Silver cars?

Not only am I waiting for a I4 tech, I am waiting for a Slate Silver/Graystone one. I ordered it in July and was told not to expect it much before October. I'm think that was just a guess though.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Models Finally Arriving

Not only am I waiting for a I4 tech, I am waiting for a Slate Silver/Graystone one. I ordered it in July and was told not to expect it much before October. I'm think that was just a guess though.

My dealer finally received some TLXs yesterday evening. I plan to test drive and view one tonight. As well, he only received 6-cylinder vehicles, but at least I can look and drive what they have. He also said I should/could get my red I4 Tech around the end of this month. We'll see.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My dealer finally received some TLXs yesterday evening. I plan to test drive and view one tonight. As well, he only received 6-cylinder vehicles, but at least I can look and drive what they have. He also said I should/could get my red I4 Tech around the end of this month. We'll see.
My original choice was a Basque Red/Parchment I4 Tech and I was told the estimated delivery was also the end of August. My dealer has yet to receive any cars and their 'TLX Launch Party' is scheduled for the 21st. I hope we are not all standing around looking at a bunch of websites and posters.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Seems like the V6 is showing up first. Test drove one today. i4 coming this week or next, and then the SH-AWD arriving after that.

The car looks better in person than in pics....looks good all the way around. Very comfortable seats and cabin. Feels maybe a little tighter than my 3G, but not a problem for me. When I position the driver seat and then move to the back seat, there is plenty of room (I am 5'10"), but headroom in rear will be tight for someone tall.

The V6 drove well. Smooth and quiet. Did notice some delay in acceleration in Normal Mode, but performance was great in Sport+ Mode....very quick.

Overall the car looks great and drove well. Waiting to drive the i4 DCT to compare.

·
Registered
727 Posts
A smoother drive is one reason why I would go with the V6 model over the 4, but when it comes to being frugal with commuting 4 cylinder model is where it's at for me and for many.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
My original choice was a Basque Red/Parchment I4 Tech and I was told the estimated delivery was also the end of August. My dealer has yet to receive any cars and their 'TLX Launch Party' is scheduled for the 21st. I hope we are not all standing around looking at a bunch of websites and posters.
Tonight I visited the dealer, saw the TLX and test drove a V6 with Tech. Very nice. I placed an order for red. Supposedly the one I put money down on will be made on the August 16th and I should see it by the 28th. Hopefully this is a true story. :)

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Less Nose Weight

A smoother drive is one reason why I would go with the V6 model over the 4, but when it comes to being frugal with commuting 4 cylinder model is where it's at for me and for many.
I don't know about smoother...

About three of the reviews I heard today mentioned that the I4 is more enjoyable to drive because the the DCT and because it has less nose weight, being 200+ pounds lighter than the V6.

But who knows until we see them side by side and experience a test drive on both.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I see that the dealer closest to me just got a 4 cyl in. It's a base model graphite w/ black interior so I don't think I'll bother driving an hour+ to check out a car I have no interest in (if I buy one it will be either red or blue.) Nice to know the inventory is picking up though. They now have twice as many (2) as they did last week.;)

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Test drives

I see that the dealer closest to me just got a 4 cyl in. It's a base model graphite w/ black interior so I don't think I'll bother driving an hour+ to check out a car I have no interest in (if I buy one it will be either red or blue.) Nice to know the inventory is picking up though. They now have twice as many (2) as they did last week.;)
I was anxious to see and test drive one after reading about the car for so long. They only had a V6 with Tech, but I still wanted to see how it drove and looked. The inside is almost the same as a I4 Tech except for the missing gearshift knob. :)

Are you getting the Base or Tech?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you getting the Base or Tech?
I'm on the fence between Base and Tech (but the 4 cyl is definite). The only thing in the Tech package that I want is leather but if the leatherette is a decent imitation, I may just get the Base and save the $4000.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice to know the inventory is picking up though. They now have twice as many (2) as they did last week.;)
As of 8/16, this dealer now has 5 TLXes in stock, including two I-4 Tech. Still don't have the color I want but it may be time to take a drive over and test one out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Friday night I was driving thru the back lot of my Acura dealer and came upon a Graphite Luster/Graystone V6 Tech that had just been delivered to the dealership. I sent an email to my salesman to check on availability. Saturday morning he confirmed the car was available and to come over and take a look. One look and a test drive was all it took. To make a long story (and even a longer negotiation) short, my TSX is gone and the TLX is in the garage. While I could have waited for the SSM/I4 Tech that I had ordered, I really like the GLM too. The GSM and the accent color on the 18 inch wheels give the car a 'stealth' appearance. I will miss the TSX but the TLX will more than make up for it I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Friday night I was driving thru the back lot of my Acura dealer and came upon a Graphic Luster/Graystone V6 Tech that had just been delivered to the dealership. I sent an email to my salesman to check on availability. Saturday morning he confirmed the car was available and to come over and take a look. One look and a test drive was all it took. To make a long story (and even a longer negotiation) short, my TSX is gone and the TLX is in the garage. While I could have waited for the SSM/I4 Tech that I had ordered, I really like the GLM too. The GSM and the accent color on the 18 inch wheels give the car a 'stealth' appearance. I will miss the TSX but the TLX will more than make up for it I'm sure.
Nice man congrats! That color is sick... I must admit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts