Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading about the sales success of the TLX. So where are they? I got mine last October and have been carefully watching in the two states I spend most of my time. In almost 8 months I have seen a grand total of four TLX's on the streets and in parking lots. Counting mine, that makes five. If Acura is really selling them like hotcakes, where are they hiding? Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Super Moderator
1,067 Posts
2015 Year to date: 18,000
USA/CA dealers = 270 + 50 = 320

So about 56 TLX's per dealer. Your mileage may vary. So one should not expect to see too many for so few in its first year model year.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Last week, I was driving my TLX in traffic and noticed a homeowner watering his grass and he was giving my TLX a really hard stare as I inched forward in traffic past his front lawn. Then I looked in his driveway and saw he had a new TLX in the same color as mine and we both smiled
:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
This weekend, I was buying a new pair of eyeglasses... As I was going into the shop, I noticed a Black TLX SH-AWD in the parking lot... Almost exactly like mine... I noticed that it had brown leather, instead of the ebony. I peered in the window for a closer look and saw an invoice on the back seat with my Optometrist's name on it. We had a great chat (and I got a great discount on my glasses).

·
Registered
274 Posts
This is why I love looking at pictures of other people's TLXs...they are rare in the wild.. I saw one a few weeks ago in a parking lot outside of Razoo's. I parked right in front of it.. (Safety in numbers for a growing population...)

Wes

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm starting to see them all over my area. It's exciting and sad at the same time. I was happy to have one of the rarest cars around! Now, certainly not the case :(

Reactions: gary325

·
Registered
666 Posts
I drove from Phoenix to Sedona today and saw one on the trip. Back in February I saw three within the space of a few miles in small town Aurora, Ontario, so they are out there and will become more common as time goes by. I liked being exclusive, but that will not last forever.

·
Registered
255 Posts
So far, I've seen seven over a thirteen week period. I drive all around the Sacramento metro area daily (20 - 65 miles/ day) let alone my out-of-town excursions...

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
The numbers seem to be picking up in South Florida. Quite often I will spot a black or white TLX.

Today I spotted a gray TLX and followed it in traffic. It was neat to see the brake lights work. Till this day, I haven't seen any blue TLXs. I believe I have seen at least one of the other colors.

Only saw one Red TLX like mine. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I keep reading about the sales success of the TLX. So where are they? I got mine last October and have been carefully watching in the two states I spend most of my time. In almost 8 months I have seen a grand total of four TLX's on the streets and in parking lots. Counting mine, that makes five. If Acura is really selling them like hotcakes, where are they hiding? Has anyone else experienced this?
I have been wondering the same thing. So far since I bought my TLX I have only seen two other sets of jewel headlights coming at me. One was on four lane highway and could have been a TLX, RLX, or even ILX (I couldn't tell), the other was on an RDX. My dealer has indicated that they have sold a lot of TLX's since they were first marketed but I have not seen them. Of course, I live about 50 miles from my dealer≥ :eek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Acura TLX total sales approximately 40,000. US registered vehicles (2012) 254 million. Probability of seeing a TLX approximately 1.4% Since you are driving one, the odds of you seeing one not yours are even smaller.

But I am beginning to see some others on the road here in So Cal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The TLX is still new.... With other cars like the 3series you have several years worth of them on the road, plus they outsell the TLX like 3:1 so you would have like 9 times more late-gen 3series on the road than TLX.

I actually do enjoy a little bit of the exclusivity of the TLX that it's enjoying for the time being. I remember pricing out the 3series before I bought my TLX.. absolutely ridiculous prices for the 3 series. By the time you add moon roof and navigation you were pushing almost $50K for a car with the same features as a $40K TLX. It thought to myself, if I was driving a $50K car around I would at least want it to be able to turn a head now and then, but how often has a 3series made you do a double take on the road? How about.. almost never. Couldn't give 2 less craps if I tried. That really sealed the deal for me against going with a 3series.. in the DC area they are EVERYWHERE I swear they are more common than Honda Civics. I wonder just how many 3series owners out there shelled out $48K for their ride and actually think they are getting one iota of admiration on the road for their ride.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.