Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was just wondering if we are going to see anything new from Acura with the TLX in New York. I heard rumors that the TLX might be a revamped concept version. It could also be the production version. It could also be the same 2015 Acura TLX model that we have seen at previous auto shows.

Let me know what you think we should be expecting at the NY Auto Show.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've heard they're going to be bringing a productionized concept or a production version. I'm leaning towards a full production version as the concept from NAIS was already relatively polished and double plus we've seen the production mules running around nearly undisguised already...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think...

I think it'll be a production version. I also think that if we were expecting the "Prototype" to become a production version, then I think a lot of us will be disappointed... I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, but based on the spy pics and the mules that have been seen around town, I think we're getting a very much toned down version of the "Prototype" car... I honestly loved the Prototype, and I don't know why Acura/Honda wouldn't go with that version, as it was refined yet aggressive enough to breath some excitement into the brand again... You'd think that the TL's slumping sales over the last few years would motivate Acura to up their game, and they did in this prototype, but I think what we'll get is the front end of the current TL and the rear end of a TSX with the interior of a TL/RLX mix... We'll have to see what they do, but I'm pretty much sure I'll be let down since it won't be the Prototype version they keep marketing to us... If somehow it is, I'll be surprised beyond belief!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I think they should have no reason to throw us another concept at NY, the concept was already not far off from being production worthy. Im sure we will see it in production form.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You really think that the production version will be quite toned down from what we saw with the concept? I am having a hard time grappling with that. The TLX concept looked good, but it wasn't really that crazily designed. If they tone it down (a lot) then I am afraid it will become incredibly boring.

·
Registered
430 Posts
im sure certain things will need to be adjusted to satisfy chastesting and certain regulations.. its true a lot of the smaller details will likely be lost..

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yup, hopefully nothing needed further to make the front end more pedestrian friendly because if changes are needed, it can make the front end a bit ugly.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm afraid that if they edit the TLX too much in its production form than the TLX will just start to look like a Honda. I just don't see how you can take much away from the TLX and still have it seem separate from a Honda Accord.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.