Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently drive a 2006 silver TL and really like the new TLX. When I saw the car on the Acura site, I thought the color they gave the silver car, "Silver Slate" was just a name. When I saw it at my local dealership, I was sooooo disappointed to see that it is not really silver. It has this bluish tint to it. It's nice but not my silver.

I spoke to my salesman about this and he was also surprised. He did mention that in a previous year, Acura did the same type of thing and within 6 months or so, a true silver car was in production.

Has anyone heard of an Acura change of heart?

Thx

·
Registered
423 Posts
You never know, I can't see it happening right now with the TLX. Mainly because this is the first time I have read anyone really not liking the new silver.
I nearly got it, for me I prefer the slate over the Alabaster because I think the other silver is too close to the chrome finish so the cars just look like a big lump of chrome.
With the new slate you have a very distinct difference in the silvers from the chrome finishing to the paint and actually brings out the grill rather that it being lost on most other Acura's in silver.
Plush it goes a nice bluey tint in dark lights.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I currently drive a 2006 silver TL and really like the new TLX. When I saw the car on the Acura site, I thought the color they gave the silver car, "Silver Slate" was just a name. When I saw it at my local dealership, I was sooooo disappointed to see that it is not really silver. It has this bluish tint to it. It's nice but not my silver.

I spoke to my salesman about this and he was also surprised. He did mention that in a previous year, Acura did the same type of thing and within 6 months or so, a true silver car was in production.

Has anyone heard of an Acura change of heart?

Thx
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

The color options are too minimal in my opinion, but luckily they had the color I wanted. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw the graphic luster and liked it but it's dark. It will be tough because I have had silver cars for over 20 years. They are so easy to maintain since they don't show dirt too much.

I'm not ready to buy yet since my current commute is 110 miles round trip and will make a new car old real quick!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I saw the graphic luster and liked it but it's dark. It will be tough because I have had silver cars for over 20 years. They are so easy to maintain since they don't show dirt too much.

I'm not ready to buy yet since my current commute is 110 miles round trip and will make a new car old real quick!
Wow! That is worse than my 68 mile roundtrip commute. The miles add up too quickly.

Maybe they will have silver next model year. It seems red alternates between years. I would have liked to have gotten the Graphic Luster Metallic or the Black Cooper Pearl if they were a bit lighter in color. When it's dark outside, they both look like black cars to me. I've had two silver TSXs. I almost went with the slate silver metallic but I stayed with something I know real well. I have had three Basque Red Pearls. First was a 1994 Accord, then a 2011 TSX and now a 2015 TLX. I hope they have good colors when I buy my next Acura in 2018. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts