Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've had my TLX for about 10 days now, and am still trying to figure out some of the features.

In the attached photo, does anyone know what the icon with the 99% is?

Thanks so much for your help.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
is it trying to update the software or something?

does it stay at 99% for ages?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it's updating any software. The percent varies from about 2% to 99%. It increases and decreases, but I haven't been able to pick up a pattern.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
That was my guess as well. It looks like a software update that I have only heard about through emails.

Interesting and good question.

BTW, Welcome to the Forum!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Could it be something to do with AcuraLink?

I only have the basic free AcuraLink service. If you have the trial did you request a info to be sent to the nav?

:confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
The system copies the music from the CD into the hard disk and that % shows how much of the CD has been copied over. Once it reaches 100% it goes off. I think, it happens for every new CD we insert.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
The system copies the music from the CD into the hard disk and that % shows how much of the CD has been copied over. Once it reaches 100% it goes off. I think, it happens for every new CD we insert.
I RIP'd 8 CDs and I never noticed this icon before. Maybe it's on newer releases of the software? Seems like the icon would be a CD if this was the case. :confused:

The icon looks like an inbox.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I assumed the icon was for the HDD since that's where its copying the files to. Will have to check once with a CD I haven't played yet and check out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That makes a lot of sense. I did insert a few CDs and forgot about the copy to the hard disk. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok...I tested it today with a different CD that i haven't played before and I actually see "Rec:" prior to the %, indicating the amount of % recorded. So the % in the first post of this thread looks like is for a different activity.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Sure looks like an inbox icon.

Could this be an indication that the car is syncing the mail on your phone to the car? :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I assumed the icon was for the HDD since that's where its copying the files to. Will have to check once with a CD I haven't played yet and check out.
I thought the same thing when I saw that icon. Is there some way to view hard drive space usage?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Yes. It's on the menu somewhere. I am not in the car at the moment. I am using 1%.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts