Acura TLX Forum banner
341 - 352 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Appreciate the kind words!

As far as I know only the 2021 A-Specs have the red stitching. I bought the wrap kit from here:

Hope that helps!
Very helpful fam, thanks! I misunderstood what you'd done at first; I thought you'd swapped in an A-spec wheel, but I realize now you have an A-spec trim already, correct? Anyway, that wrap looks like a factory finish, good job.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Been a minute since I posted anything here, but I got my tail lights wrapped yesterday:
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Grille Vehicle
Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

I'm embarrassed by how dirty it looks in the before pic, but the weather has been uncooperative for washing lately. Took both pics at the installer, happened to rain right at the end. Very happy with how it turned out. I went with the medium of their three options.

Surely tail light visibility must be less, because how could it not be. But, I can't tell the difference. Been seeing some wrapped tai lights lately that were hella dark, but I had not problem seeing them when the lit up. Gave me confidence to get my own done.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
278 Posts
Been a minute since I posted anything here, but I got my tail lights wrapped yesterday:
View attachment 26582 View attachment 26583

I'm embarrassed by how dirty it looks in the before pic, but the weather has been uncooperative for washing lately. Took both pics at the installer, happened to rain right at the end. Very happy with how it turned out. I went with the medium of their three options.

Surely tail light visibility must be less, because how could it not be. But, I can't tell the difference. Been seeing some wrapped tai lights lately that were hella dark, but I had not problem seeing them when the lit up. Gave me confidence to get my own done.
Looks good and your rear bumper conversion is coming along nicely!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed LED turn signal bulbs over the weekend. It does require resistors, and I found that 10-ohm 25-watt resistors worked fine. A higher value might work, too. I didn't think to try two resistors in series until after I was finished. (Higher-value resistors would draw less current, and not get as hot). They get hot? Yes. Yes, they do. I left the hazzards on for about 15 minutes, and even with the resistors screwed to metal and heat-transfer tape to help with conduction, they were roasting. They're mounted without contact to anything else, though, so they should be fine.

Comparison videos are below. The rear LED's aren't significantly brighter than the incandescents. The fronts are slightly brighter, but they also throw light in a much wider/higher pattern. My main "like" is the snappy on/off and more modern appearance.

I didn't think to take pics of my resistor mounting locations or detail the wiring. If anyone wants more info, let me know.

How did you change the front turn signals & rear turn signals ?

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
422 Posts
View attachment 26582 View attachment 26583

That looks fantastic, @UnkemptStatue ! When you say "medium," was it 50%, by chance? That's what I've had on the shelf for over a year, now, wanting to do mine, but life keeps getting on the way.

How did you change the front turn signals & rear turn signals ?
Sorry, but I never got a notification on this reply. If you still need info (or for anyone else interested), I simply replaced the incandescent turn signal bulbs with LED bulbs of the same types, and added the resistors in parallel to get rid of the "hyper-flash."

·
Registered
3 Posts
That looks fantastic, @UnkemptStatue ! When you say "medium," was it 50%, by chance? That's what I've had on the shelf for over a year, now, wanting to do mine, but life keeps getting on the way.

Sorry, but I never got a notification on this reply. If you still need info (or for anyone else interested), I simply replaced the incandescent turn signal bulbs with LED bulbs of the same types, and added the resistors in parallel to get rid of the "hyper-flash."
How did you get to the turn signals in the front and in the rear?

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
422 Posts
How did you get to the turn signals in the front and in the rear?
Google "how to change turn signal bulbs Acura TLX, " then look at the first two results.
Font Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device Display device

·
Registered
422 Posts
Happy birthday to me!

Product Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Hood Mirror Automotive mirror

Reactions: MarcoTLX
341 - 352 of 352 Posts