Acura TLX Forum banner

301 - 314 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
344 Posts
The black roof is very striking against the white, especially with the dark windows and A-Spec trim. I want to do the roof and mirror caps on mine, too. I just need to find the time.

·
Registered
2019 Acura TLX A-spec technology package
6 Posts
Got started on the paint correction, 2019 only has 1,000 miles on it But whoever had it before must’ve went through the damn drive-through car wash once a week at least, tons of swirls.

it’s getting there though, having to have to break it up in phases due to time once I’m finished with the last phase then it's ceramic coat time.

Not the best picture but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,032 Posts
Looking good so far!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered the "shiny anti-slip pedals" from UltimatePedals, now I"m just waiting on them to ship. I'll take before and after when I'm able to install.

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
90 Posts
Ordered the "shiny anti-slip pedals" from UltimatePedals, now I"m just waiting on them to ship. I'll take before and after when I'm able to install.

I'm interested in this possibly do a write up on how easy it is to install? Do you plan on doing the installation yourself?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm interested in this possibly do a write up on how easy it is to install? Do you plan on doing the installation yourself?
Yes I'll do a write up once I've installed them, tomorrow will be two weeks since I ordered them but production time is 10-14 business days so it could be as early as Friday of this week or early next week until I receive them and I'll need a weekend to install them since I've been working 60+ hours/week since the pandemic began. The installation sounds relatively simple and straight forward, though I'm one of those types that is pretty handy with DIY stuff. Installation directions in link below.

·
Super Moderator
1,032 Posts
Looks great Marco - I'd stick with the tips you have now, they look sharp.

Reactions: MarcoTLX

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes I'll do a write up once I've installed them, tomorrow will be two weeks since I ordered them but production time is 10-14 business days so it could be as early as Friday of this week or early next week until I receive them and I'll need a weekend to install them since I've been working 60+ hours/week since the pandemic began. The installation sounds relatively simple and straight forward, though I'm one of those types that is pretty handy with DIY stuff. Installation directions in link below.

Got a shipping notice today, so tentatively I'll be installing them next weekend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You asked for it and I just finished this up. I ended up getting the pedals on Thursday and dove right in with about an hour of light left in the day. I was able to get the accelerator and brake pedals finished in about 40 minutes and when I got to the footrest, when I took off the plastic pedal I couldn't figure out how to get the metal door off that the plastic pedal snaps on to, so instead of starting something and possibly screwing it up I stopped. Since I wouldn't be able to get back to it until today, that gave me time to research and think things through. I ended up using the actual plastic pedal and attached the aluminum pedal to it with the given screws and it is solid without any movement. I had to drimel off the ends of the screws because they were just long enough to go through the carpet while hitting the metal door, which it rattled metal on metal. As for the accelerator and brake pedals, the aluminum pedals are about an 1/8in bigger all around.

Brake Pedal: I started by taking off the rubber brake pedal cover, using masking tape to cover the exposed metal pedal, centering and holding them on by hand, and using a sharp pencil in the chosen holes to mark on the masking tape where I would approximately drill holes. I then looked at the pencil marks on the masking tape making sure they were symmetrical around the brake pedal. Once satisfied with where the holes would go, I used an "Automatic Center Punch" to dimple under the pencil marks on the masking tape. The brake pedal is an extremely strong steel plate so using a cordless drill won't cut it, you must use an electric drill with preferably newer/new drill bits starting with an 1/8in and then a 7/32in. Attaching the screws and backings(washer and 8mm nylon insert nut) was simple, just be sure to have a small 1/4in ratchet with an 8mm socket or a small 8mm ratchet wrench to tighten the nylon insert nut from behind.

Accelerator pedal: I used the same method with the masking tape for the accelerator pedal. It is important once you are ready to drill into the plastic accelerator pedal to use the 1/8in drill bit that the "Ultimate Pedals" instructions tells you to use. I initially used for the first chosen hole a 3/32in bit but quickly found out that trying to turn the given mounting screw was way to hard and had a hard time backing it out, once backed out I went with the 1/8in bit and all 4 mounting screws went much easier and tightened perfectly.

The picture below doesn't give it justice, as the look is way better in person once finished and sitting in the driver seat. The actual pedals are quite impressive and were obviously perfectly CNC machine cut. I'm also glad I went with the shiny anti-slip instead of the frosted anti-slip pedal. The anti-slip is by no means sharp to the touch, but feel like roughed up metal where my shoes/sandels/bare foot will not slip off of if wet as it has been raining the last two days so I'm satisfied safety-wise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I Love it!!! Now I might have to order me some
I looked at getting the stainless pedals that are in the A-Spec models. Having checked them out first hand and comparing to these from Ultimate Pedals, IMO the choice was definitely clear.

301 - 314 of 314 Posts