281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Super Moderator
946 Posts
Nice wheels!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had my car windows tinted on Monday with Llumar Ceramic Pinnacle Series tint, mainly for the heat rejection here in Florida. I kept it legal with the front doors at 30, rear doors and back window at 15, and the moonroof at 50. Have to wait 3 days minimum until I can open/close the windows. The tinting really compliments the Lunar Silver Metallic paint. :)

·
Super Moderator
946 Posts
Show us some pictures, please!!!

·
Registered
2020 Acura TLX A-Spec Apex Blue Pearl Looking for practice mods, suggestions greatly appreciated!
50 Posts
I gave my car its first wash at home. Lots of bird drooping, pollen, and some random debris.

BTW, anyone have recommendations for misc "stuck on" things on the car such as some bird droppings that won't be washed off with soap and water?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2016 TLX I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl with Blackouts
321 Posts
Could you send the info on the place? I'd like to get it done
That user hasn't posted since 2016. Any place that does vehicle wraps should be able to do it.

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
54 Posts
I had my car windows tinted on Monday with Llumar Ceramic Pinnacle Series tint, mainly for the heat rejection here in Florida. I kept it legal with the front doors at 30, rear doors and back window at 15, and the moonroof at 50. Have to wait 3 days minimum until I can open/close the windows. The tinting really compliments the Lunar Silver Metallic paint. :)
I know this is a late reply, but I had Llumar tint on my 2001 Audi that I recently traded for a '21 TLX. The film looked as good on the Audi's last ride as the day it was applied. Llumar is good stuff.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I gave my car its first wash at home. Lots of bird drooping, pollen, and some random debris.

BTW, anyone have recommendations for misc "stuck on" things on the car such as some bird droppings that won't be washed off with soap and water?

Thank you! View attachment 25627
For droppings/road yuck that doesn't wash off, I've been using Griot's correction cream (it's a fine polish) and his 3 inch random orbital buffer with the fine polish pad. Finish with a coat of wax when the debris has been removed. I haven't been paying any attention to the new "ceramic" finishes that have appeared in the last year or so, but Griot just added one to his catalog so I ordered a bottle for experiments (on the spousal units '14 MDX). I'll put up a fresh post if I think it's any good, but if it works as advertised it would help with the bird droppings problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For droppings/road yuck that doesn't wash off, I've been using Griot's correction cream (it's a fine polish) and his 3 inch random orbital buffer with the fine polish pad. Finish with a coat of wax when the debris has been removed. I haven't been paying any attention to the new "ceramic" finishes that have appeared in the last year or so, but Griot just added one to his catalog so I ordered a bottle for experiments (on the spousal units '14 MDX). I'll put up a fresh post if I think it's any good, but if it works as advertised it would help with the bird droppings problem.
you can use the new ceramic they are quite good. I read the info about them from yourautomaster. They have explained it very well moreover, not too expensive at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
you can use the new ceramic they are quite good. I read the info about them from yourautomaster. They have explained it very well moreover, not too expensive at all.
Yes, it's quite effective. The Griot's formulation goes on easily, but takes a bit of attention to detail when removing/buffing up after application. Helps to have good lighting.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fixed a curbed front wheel. $200.00 Be careful out there.

·
Registered
2016 TLX I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl with Blackouts
321 Posts
Front splitter look.
I like it.
Dumb question, but you do realize that front plate is installed upside-down, right?

Reactions: MarcoTLX
281 - 298 of 298 Posts