Acura TLX Forum banner

241 - 260 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Just replaced the goodyears with Michelin Premiere AS... nice tire thus far is it slightly louder on the highway but nothing that makes me regret the purchase.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Got my car windows on my new 2019 TLX i4 tech tinted yesterday.

Besides the protection from the sun, it sure does add to the looks of the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2015 TLX

white LED front turn sigs...
rear tail light tints [PAINTED](gonna go darker when weather gets nicer)
that sexxxiii colgan custom made bra (only TLX to date in my area that has it)
SP Performance brakes & slotted rotors
the 3 daylight pics are after applying a 9N nano ceramic coating to the whole car top to bottom (except rims)

next up is darker tint for tail lights, headlight tints to match & gonna blackout all the chrome trim, then put new shoes on ..

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Took delivery of my new 2019 TLX 2.4 base...coming from an F30 328i, I have the following observations:
- The Acura actually handles better in normal city driving. More planted and fun. Highway the bimmer had an edge
- Interior is roomier. Materials about the same
- Sound system is actually pretty nice
- Roadnoise is almost non-existant, similar to a Lexus ES
- Great gas mileage
- Dynamic drive modes make a difference
- Pleather is pretty nice, looks the part

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Wondering why my auto engine stop appears to have just about stopped working. My daily commute would function about 5 or 6 times for the past several days nothing.. and the one time it did one the start up the headlights actually turned off during the restart.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wondering why my auto engine stop appears to have just about stopped working. My daily commute would function about 5 or 6 times for the past several days nothing.. and the one time it did one the start up the headlights actually turned off during the restart.
I turn it off now. I never liked the feature on any car tbh. my car seemed to reset power 2 times with this feature. headlights and radio turned off, then back on. I've only had the car 2 months.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Are these the "high wall" mats or standard mats? I'd to get the high-wall versions, but apparently they won't fit 2015 models...
Hmm, they were simply called "all weather" mats - AFAIK any "all weather" mat is gonna have high walls, because snow, right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Remote Start Installed

I had the remote start function activated/installed at the dealer today.

In a couple of weeks, full frontal ppf, ceramic coating, and window tinting (35 all around, except windshield, which gets 75).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked up my new to me 2017 TLX Tech in the morning. Got Tuxmats installed in the afternoon, then tints in the evening (30% all around). After I got home I installed a hardwired dash cam.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Doing my Brakes. Started Saturday, got the fronts completed with turned rotors, Hawk pads and was too tired to finish the rear. Sunday was Mother's day, I started the rear brakes around 3pm and took the rotors to my lil shop that turns em for 10 bucks ea., they were closed, probably for the holiday, so I tried Pep boys which was the only place still open that said they could turn em. $15. ea. I leave, come back an hour later, they said, "we couldn't turn 'em, they were too warped, they wouldn't even fit on the machine!"

WHAT?!
NO pulsing when I was driving, no indication they were warped at all, but I checked to see if they had any in stock, I wanted to be done last night. They did not have ANY TLX rotors in stock and it's a good thing. I get home, figured I would just pick some up from Acura and be done with it. I decided I would take the old ones to the machine shop and see what they thought, because I didn't entirely trust the guy at PB. So, I get there, tell the shop owner the take and he looks at the rotors quickly and said, "they didn't even put them on a machine, all the rust is still inside the hub, they didn't do S#!t"
I said, "ok, let me know how they turn out."
He replies, "30 minutes"
I wait there, he laid them on the counter, and told me they still have lots of life in em and will last til the next brake job in 3 years.
NO warping, not too thin, just @$$heads either not wanting to do their job or just trying to sell their low rent parts. I'm never going back to PB again, I hadn't been there in 8 years, lets see how long, now! Anyway, driver's side done, I am finishing the Passenger side, had to answer some work emails and figured i would post.

BTW, on a '15TLX SH-AWD, the Torx bits you need are 27 and 45 for the E-Brake assembly, I'll post it in the other thread, but just an FYI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I changed my starter. I own the '15 SH-AWD Tech, 58k miles. It started giving out maybe after having the car after 3 years.

Symptoms were, having to push the start button twice to get the engine started. Another symptom was the idle engine stop, it would not start up again after it has activated. Sometimes pushing the start button 3-5 times, stuck in the road like an idiot with the emergency lights on being honked at LOL.

Then in the 4th year, the starter died and was stranded at the park...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Did some de-stripification this weekend.

I used a 3M Eraser wheel as I've done on several vehicles previously, which makes quick work of the removal. On this go-around, the driver's side came off without a hitch, but when I switched to the passenger side (the door specifically), I ended up with several places where the wheel removed spots of clearcoat. :oops: They looked like stone chips but larger. This is the first time I've ever had an issue with the wheel. I can only assume that maybe this side of the car had been re-cleared at some point(?) Once I saw this happen, I proceeded with some heat and peeling/pulling. Slower, but with no risk of further damage. I've already begun to fill and wet-sand the "chips," and they become nearly invisible, but dammit!!!. :mad:

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I changed my starter. I own the '15 SH-AWD Tech, 58k miles. It started giving out maybe after having the car after 3 years.

Symptoms were, having to push the start button twice to get the engine started. Another symptom was the idle engine stop...
Most have found the started wasn't the issue but replacing the battery was the issue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Installed the 2020 navigation update. Took about 1:20 start to finish. Did the same thing with my TSX. That took all of 0:10.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Installed my radar detector and a "permanent" windshield mount and mirror-tap power cable. It's a really tight fit, so I'll need to be careful on size (and button layout) if I decide to upgrade.

Reactions: Gonzo and JayJayTLX
241 - 260 of 286 Posts