Acura TLX Forum banner

221 - 240 of 255 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
About an hour and a half total. When I inserted the disc, the system went through a four step process before actually beginning the download. After entering the code, the process took about 45 minutes.
Everything went as per the instructions. No problems.
Did you notice any differences with your software?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Small stuff. Took a ride out to Chappell Hill yesterday, and once out of the Houston area the display looked as though I were looking down from an angle. Nothing else. In town, the display is flat as it was previously.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Took to dealership for auto rain sensing inoperative - they realligned something and now it's good. Very nice first experience with the Acura service dept, other than they had to take my info both on the phone and in person for some reason.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did some more sound deadening work today. Did the rear doors and the spare tire well.

Before:

After:

Not perfect 100% coverage with the mlv on the doors, but I did it the same way up front and it certainly did enough to help.

Only took a couple pics of the tire well:

I cut tiles of GTmat to line the well with, then a layer of closed cell foam. Secured the pieces of mlv with tape. Then a piece of melamine foam. Oughta block some of that exhaust noise.

Need to get some more melamine foam to stuff the dead space in the trunk panels, to keep the bass in the car when I get the subs. Also still need to pull the seats so I can line the floor with mlv. I was able to loosen bolts on the passenger seat very easily earlier today when I checked. I tried on my Accord and I couldn’t budge them. And lastly need to complete the rear deck- full sheet of dynamat, line with ccf and take the speakers out ahead of the system install. Only about a month away from the install so I’ll do that when I get time. Not sure when I’ll get to the floor, though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Installed the body side moldings this morning.

Still laughing about the following in the installation instructions:

The information in this installation instruction is intended for use only by skilled technicians who have the proper tools, equipment, and training to correctly and safely add equipment to your vehicle. These procedures should not be attempted by "do-it-yourselfers."

The whole thing took about 35 minutes, and the results look good. Installation hint: Use magnets to position the template before taping it to the doors. This allows for fine adjustment of the template's positioning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well....I had to go to court today because a lame customer wrote my business a bad check 3 months ago and while I was there, someone scratched the **** out of my Midnight blue 2018 ASPEC Red in the parking lot. **** it....it broke my heart.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
OK technically tomorrow, but getting new tires... tomorrow.

With almost 40K miles on the original tires, the tires can probably make it to 50K... but I some how sliced the sidewall on one tire bad enough that if I peal back the flap I can see the steel belts (or something that looks like that). It's a deep gouge and on the side wall so I'm saying goodbye to them.

Getting all replaced. Going with Micheline Premier A/S along with a road force balance. One never knows how a new set of tires will perform but from what I've read I am looking forward to them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just finished today...

on snazzying up a 2019 base TLX.
On the exterior:
• R20 Michelin tires
• Red paint calipers
• Black vinyl over chromed trims
For the interior, I had applied dark tint on the windows and blue vinyl over chromed trims.

Attachments

221 - 240 of 255 Posts