Acura TLX Forum banner

521 - 540 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
The cover simply pops off by pulling on it. I don't need power at the moment, but might down the line. I'm a ham, and though I don't really want to put an antenna on the car, I might end up wanting a radio worse. :) One of those "30A" terminals might work for that as long as there's no noise induced. I also wouldn't mind having a constant-power accessory port (either by adding one, or powering an existing one with constant 12VDC).

·
Registered
144 Posts
I discovered that the (+) paddle has ribs on the back, and the ( - ) paddle is smooth. I wonder why. ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Funny you should reply this morning, as I was reading about paddle shifters last night. Since ours are mounted to the wheel instead of the column, it would be possible for them to become reversed if the wheel is turned 180°. I guess the ridges are supposed to be an adequate indicator. Of course you'd have to be pretty crossed-up to be shifting in the midst of a maneuver like that.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
lowered my 15' TLX on Sunday with BC Racing coilovers sitting on Rotiform's 20"... any thoughts on wheel gap??

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
You probably intended this for the "What did you do..." thread rather than "What did you discover..., ' right? In any case, the lowering looks good, and I like the wheel choice, but I'm generally not a fan of rubber-band tires. I think 19's tend to look best on these cars, especially when there's a stark color contrast. Others disagree, though, and that's the great thing about freedom of choice. :)

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
If you are sitting in your TLX and press some random buttons (any buttons, radio, window switch etc) and then about 30 seconds later, the doors lock... it wasn't the result of pressing those buttons, it was the result of the dog sitting on you pressing the key fob that as in your pocket that was locking the doors. :geek:

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
I discovered that when you engage Siri on a hot day with the A/C going full-blast, the car turns the fan down so that Siri can hear. I just think that's the coolest (pun intended) thing ever!
Yes - nice feature that's embedded into Android Auto and Apple Car Play, it will also turn down (or mute?) the music volume. Unlike the standard software with the infotainment system that doesn't turn down the volume if you have it read your text messgeas aloud while driving.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I discovered (a while ago) if you are in Sport IDS mode on the highway... and you want to go back to Normal IDS without passing into Sport + and having the gear drop and RPMs rev up... I place the car in neutral and select Normal IDS and then back into "D". She drops back into D without missing a beat and very smoothly I might add.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've just been tapping the button quickly, and Sport+ never comes into play. No revving, no nothing.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Hmmm perhaps the 2015 are different no matter how fast I tap it the revs jump as I pass through it. I will work on my fast tapping skills.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wonder if there's a difference between the way the V6 9-spd behaves vs. the I4 DCT 8-spd? (Mine is the I4.)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'd like to see the documentation on this. ^^^

·
Registered
144 Posts
521 - 540 of 544 Posts