Acura TLX Forum banner

501 - 520 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I discovered that while brake hold is activated you can change gear selections, like from D - R. I was expecting a message about not to be able and getting the "your foot must be on the brake" message.

·
Super Moderator
765 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I discoverd that if you mute the guidance volume... when you play your text you can not adjust the volume. Volume know does nothing..... but when the guidance volume is set to anything but zero, when listening to texts you can adjust the volume.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I discovered that some people behind you have no clue what a nice car it is when they are up your butt and almost hitting you with their $18k brand new econo box. Same holds true with their big pick up truck (which can be overpriced $50k and no fun) which probably compensates for something small that they own..lol

·
Super Moderator
573 Posts
I discovered that some people behind you have no clue what a nice car it is when they are up your butt and almost hitting you with their $18k brand new econo box. Same holds true with their big pick up truck (which can be overpriced $50k and no fun) which probably compensates for something small that they own..lol
Sounds like you've had a recent rash of tailgaters? Yeah, drives me crazy when I look in my rearview mirror and can see nothing but hood and windshield of the guy behind me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sounds like you've had a recent rash of tailgaters? Yeah, drives me crazy when I look in my rearview mirror and can see nothing but hood and windshield of the guy behind me.
Yep more and more common. I bet some of these people are uninsured. Also if they do have insurance they wont like the cost of repairs on there cars if they hit one. Lots are in rush to nowhere. You don't come to FL for the good drivers..lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I discovered that if I keep my odometer in Trip A and I top off the fuel in the car it'll reset my odometer for Trip A. I absolutely love this little feature!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Yea love that too... you can set the bavior for trip B too. Both can be set to reset after refueling, engine shutdown or manually. I have A on shutdown and B on a refueling. This will also translate over to your trip computer on the main display.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I learned that Acura built a $35K+ car but didn't include a $5 underhood light? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
That's because of the awesomeness of the TLX... you never have to open the hood. You will find a nice bright light in someting like a Hugo or GM Satin.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, well, there is that. Unfortunately Acura didn't see fit to install the self-replenishing, everlasting, never-have-to-fill-it washer fluid option on mine, though.

·
Super Moderator
573 Posts
Yeah, well, there is that. Unfortunately Acura didn't see fit to install the self-replenishing, everlasting, never-have-to-fill-it washer fluid option on mine, though.
That's a dealer add-on option. It comes buried in the outrageously high price they charge for the A1 and B1 maintenance oil changes. LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
I learned that it's a heckuvalot easier to get the rear seat bolt back in if you flip the &#$% seat back forward! :rolleyes:
(Hey, I'm sick and it's getting late!)

EDIT:
A little backstory: Installing my remote-start module, the instructions show this as the first step.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I learned that if I need a constant 12-volt source, Acura provided it for me in the driver's side upper fuse box. I have the I4 Tech, so there are a number of open slots including two that would require only a 1/4" spade connector.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I learned that if I need a constant 12-volt source, Acura provided it for me in the driver's side upper fuse box. I have the I4 Tech, so there are a number of open slots including two that would require only a 1/4" spade connector.
Nice. How do you access that panel? Do you have any mod that uses those slots?

501 - 520 of 521 Posts