Acura TLX Forum banner

481 - 500 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you hold the cruise control up or down button for about 1/2 a second it will increase or decrease by 5 mph, if you hold it about a second it will increase or decrease by 10 mph.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New y pipe, resonators and muffler delete, up sized the pipes to 2.5 inch and wow shes a beast. Any one have an aftermarket resonator they are running on theirs? The drone is not bad but there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
While stuck in traffic with the "hold brake" on, I unbuckle my seat belt to reach for something and wtf, the car automatically put in park even though my gear shifter is in "D." Freaked out for a bit as I wonder how to turn it off, I either have to move the shifter to P or put back the seat belt on. Thought it's a cool safety feature.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Yes when the auto-idle the engine off, if your seat belt is not fastened it can't be sure the driver can control the car... so parking break is set and transmission goes into Park. This can also happen if you car is running and your seat belt is not fastened and you open the drivers door.

In either case to get it back into drive... place foot on brake and press Drive. The parking brake will release (or you can release it manually) once you start to drive.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you know what really crazy, is if the passenger door is opened the car will continue to drive with no error or warning. Take off the drivers seat belt and open the drivers door and all **** breaks loose. Open the passenger door, nothing, seat belt or no seat belt, nope nothing. Engineering failure.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have not driven my TLX for almost a week and I can't wait to get back into it.
seriously. I've barely drove the aspec since i picked it up. it still has new car smell lol. my brother and I got my mom a 2015 lexus nx200T lease and it's going back in november, alotted kms are 80,000km but the thing has 20,000 so i've been driving that to make up the kms. meanwhile the tlx is sitting in the garage, nice and clean, not being winter driven lol i only drove it to go skiing and that was purely because i just wanted to drive it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was driving in a very deep dark forest last night and wow, the high beam turn on by itself. I thought it was a ghost. All these little things make my happy about this car. Love it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Take off the drivers seat belt and open the drivers door and all **** breaks loose. Open the passenger door, nothing, seat belt or no seat belt, nope nothing. Engineering failure.
Probably no reason to have anything for the passenger because they probably won't have the key when someone else is the driver. If the passenger opens the door the driver is in the driver's seat, or getting out at the same time as the passenger when the engine is off. I doubt they've had any issues with this otherwise it would have been addressed in the years the TLX has been around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's one thing really I miss on the 2018 - no more voice commands for climate control
Strange, random question did you have your phone connected when you tried this? Chances are you were talking to Siri or Google assistant who have no control of climate control instead of car's Voice system.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Strange, random question did you have your phone connected when you tried this? Chances are you were talking to Siri or Google assistant who have no control of climate control instead of car's Voice system.
I can say that you can't do climate control using the built in car commands. This is in the 2019 tech. They're very limited to navigation and radio. If you hit the voice button without a phone connected you can see the limited options. As for Google with commands you are correct, you cannot control any of the cars features.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can say that you can't do climate control using the built in car commands. This is in the 2019 tech. They're very limited to navigation and radio. If you hit the voice button without a phone connected you can see the limited options. As for Google with commands you are correct, you cannot control any of the cars features.
Interesting, will try in my 2015 Elite. I vaguely remember this being possible. Will check and confirm.

·
Super Moderator
573 Posts
Interesting, will try in my 2015 Elite. I vaguely remember this being possible. Will check and confirm.
I've had 2015 and now 2018 TLX models. The 2015 through 2017 vintage allowed you to control temperature with voice command through the car's infotainment system interface. When they redesigned for 2018, the eliminated that capability.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Smart, it took longer to control climate with voice than it was to just move your hand 6 inches to adjust it via the display.
That's right as we may think voice commands are cool and convenient, sometimes moving the arm a few inches is better. Also keeps us from become mannequins..lol

481 - 500 of 521 Posts