Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a dash cam. After looking at many, my preference is that it should have:

Front Camera of 4K or better

Rear Camera of 2K or better

Speed and GPS would be nice, but not a deal breaker. My needs are just for insurance accident protection (people drive really wild these days). Don't really need it to be able to read license plates (thats why I have insurance).

I would like it to be around $250 or less. I don't want something so expensive people will break into my car for it.

For those who already have a dash cam, how did you install? Tap into the rear view mirror or run wires to the fuse box, or other?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Acura TLX, V6, P-AWS, Advance package
1,127 Posts
I've had one for each vehicle for several years.
TLX/Odyssey: Anker ROAV dashcam C1, 2k @30fps, front only. Hardwired into fuse box.
F350: VIOFO A129 Pro Duo. [email protected] front, [email protected] rear. powered via cigarette lighter outlet in rear console. (too lazy to hard wire, maybe next summer).

All from Amazon. Both have a dedicated app that you connect to via their own wifi access point. Downloads are painfully slow. Easier to remove the micro SD card and download at your computer, but all the additional data may not come with it (GPS location and speed).

What ever you get, make sure that you can successfully get video from the unit. Return it if you can't. There should be plenty of Black Friday deals.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm using the Viofo A139 2K 2 channel. I see they have the A139 Pro now which is 4K. It doesn't have a screen but connects to the phone via wifi. I'm have front and rear cam. There is a third input for interior cam.

The 2K is front cam is pretty good from the daytime videos I've viewed. I have not reviewed any of the night footage.

I wired direct tot he fuse box with their hardwire kit.

When I was looking to purchase I researched on dashcamtalk dot com.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Im using Thinkware Q800

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased from Amazon 2 yrs. ago for $131, speed sensor and GPS, plugs into power outlet. I am not sure if this model is still available.

JOMISE Dual Dash Cam 4K&1080P Built in WiFi GPS Car Dashboard Camera Recorder with UHD 3840x2160P, 2.45" LCD, 170° Wide Angle,H.265,WDR, Night Vision,G-Sensor, Support 128GB

·
Super Moderator
2015 Acura TLX, V6, P-AWS, Advance package
1,127 Posts
Here's a Cyber Monday deal at Amazon:
VIOFO Dash Cam Front and Rear 2K 1440P 60fps +1080P 30fps Dual Dash Camera with Wi-Fi GPS, Emergency Recording, Motion Detection, 24h Parking Mode, Super Capacitor (A129 Plus Duo)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts