Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to start a thread where people can share the car that they are leaving behind or trading in to get the TLX. Let's here what cars are in everyone's pasts.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Won't be leaving my 2005 TL at all. At least, not until the first lease returns start coming back to the dealers and I can pick up a used TLX via CPO.

I never buy anything new.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Always buy new every 3 to 4 years.

Had 3 TSXs, current being a 2011 TSX.

Probably would have gotten another TSX, but they didn't have a color I liked. I am looking forward to test driving a TLX this weekend or so.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Always buy new every 3 to 4 years.

Had 3 TSXs, current being a 2011 TSX.

Probably would have gotten another TSX, but they didn't have a color I liked. I am looking forward to test driving a TLX this weekend or so.
What's the point then? Your monthly payment reflects the entire car, yet you have not kept one.

Not sure if I'm getting the TLX yet, hopefully it has all the toys I crave at a reasonable price, but the lease is ending in a few months on my fully loaded Optima Hybrid. Have not found similarly equipped car that didn't cost $50K or more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
2011 TSX Base - Silver Moon/Taupe - 50,000 miles. My lease is up in October and I have ordered or reserved a TLX Tech 4 Cyl-Slate Silver/Greystone. (If the new lease numbers don't work for me I will keep the TSX and buy it at lease end)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Always buy new and keep a long time. Would replace my 2004 tsx, 250,000 km in around a year if I decide on this car

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Patience Pays

Always buy new and keep a long time. Would replace my 2004 tsx, 250,000 km in around a year if I decide on this car
I wish I had your patience. That is the way to go. I had a silver 2004 TSX and bought a 2007 silver TSX. The only difference was fog lights. Then I bought my latest 2011 TSX in Basque Red Pearl.

Before that I was a Honda guy. I can't go back now.

:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
The car I had before the 1997 Civic was an 1989 Civic with 230,000 when I sold it. No problems with either car. As you can see I drive cars that have great reliability so..... I am hoping the new TLX doesn't disappoint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm finally getting rid of my 2004 TL with 76,000 miles, bought it the 1st month it was out and I've already ordered a TLX SH-AWD Advance in Graphite Luster Metallic/Greystone. Dealer told me it would be here in October, hopefully it will be much sooner than that. I've seen some pictures of what was purported to be 4 SH-AWD versions, so I can only hope that production will be sooner than predicted by my dealer.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I'm finally getting rid of my 2004 TL with 76,000 miles, bought it the 1st month it was out and I've already ordered a TLX SH-AWD Advance in Graphite Luster Metallic/Greystone. Dealer told me it would be here in October, hopefully it will be much sooner than that. I've seen some pictures of what was purported to be 4 SH-AWD versions, so I can only hope that production will be sooner than predicted by my dealer.
What's making you take the advance over the Tech package? Just curious...

·
Registered
10 Posts
What's making you take the advance over the Tech package? Just curious...
As you can see from the car I'm getting out of, I tend to keep cars much longer now than I did when I was younger, so I decided I wanted the car loaded with all the tech I could get. The difference in price wasn't really a concern for me, it's actually less expensive than I thought it would be.

The one option that I really wish was available is a heated seating wheel, as of right now according to my dealer, it's not even available as a dealer add-on option. Which is strange since it's standard in both the Tech and Elite models in Canada. I'm hoping that Acura makes it available at a later date in the US.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In Canada a heated steering wheel is a bit more important, but I still get very annoyed with seemingly baseless decisions like this. Why not offer it as an option for people in the US? People will pay for it so its not like it would cost Acura too much money.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ideal Acura/Honda owner right there!

2005 TSX with A-Spec kit. Not sure if replacing it or keeping it yet. Would get SH-AWD + Tech.
Do you have a reason to keep it and have a second vehicle? or maybe pas it along to another family member in the household. Not sure if you would get much for a trade in.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Do you have a reason to keep it and have a second vehicle? or maybe pas it along to another family member in the household. Not sure if you would get much for a trade in.
I still love the look of my TSX, everything still works and the paint is almost like new. People still complement my car -- they can't believe it's an almost 10 years old vehicle. The sharp lines keep the look modern and help the look age well.

The only reason why I want to replace it is I want the modern tech and creature comfort features. (Cabin noise is getting a bit loud in this decade old TSX.) I would certaintly sell/give it to family instead of trading it in, if I was to replace it. If I decide to keep it, it would be because I'm getting an SUV, such as the next RDX, instead of a sedan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Considering the TLX and also the upcoming lexus NX, will not buy 1st model year, but when we make our decision, our 2011 MDX with 11k miles currently will be traded in or sold to my brother.

Might even wait until MMY refresh to see if they add the Advance package to the 4 cylinder. Waiting to see what reliability is for the DI motors and both new transmissions, I want the 4, but I also want the Advance package. SHawd would also be nice, maybe that will be available if/when they turbo the 4!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am turning in a 2012 TL Tech with 36,000 miles. In three years the only warranty work I needed was to change out the battery after 2 years. Love me some Acura!

Mac

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm trading in a 2012 VW CC. It's an awesome car to drive, but VW's reliability record is awful and I want to get a new car before I start having problems. I had an Integra years ago and never had an issue, except that it was too small.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts