Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the dash deck, just under the windshield in front of the driver's position there is a bank of three yellow LEDs. They blink a couple of times when I start the engine, but I haven't noticed them any other time. I suspect they are part of one of the safety systems, but I have not found them in the manual to confirm.

The car is a SH-AWD Advance.

Does anybody know that this light is for? If I just missed the reference in the Owners Manual, what page should I read?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Forward collision warning - they flash when the car feels you may be closing to quickly on a vehicle in front of you. You likely also get a BRAKE signal in the dash, and the car may even apply braking pressure.

They get your attention in a hurry, but I find the actual operation a bit spastic...IMHO

·
Registered
666 Posts
If you have not seen them in operation yet then you up for nomination of "most careful driver". Good on you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Forward collision warning - they flash when the car feels you may be closing to quickly on a vehicle in front of you. You likely also get a BRAKE signal in the dash, and the car may even apply braking pressure.

They get your attention in a hurry, but I find the actual operation a bit spastic...IMHO
I agree.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have not seen them in operation yet then you up for nomination of "most careful driver". Good on you.
I figured out the answer for myself yesterday afternoon not long after I posted the question. Someone changed lanes in front of me and the LEDs flashed and the "BRAKE" sign flashed on the MID. I had seen the "BRAKE" indicator a couple of times before but hadn't noticed the LEDs.

So far the collision avoidance system and I are pretty much in sync. Every time the light flashed just as I was hitting the brake.

So far I have to say I'm pretty happy with the Nanny Tech on this car. Cross Traffic Alert has saved a quarter panel at least once already.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I Cross Traffic Alert has saved a quarter panel at least once already.
Agreed - not sure a collision would have occurred, but the "Nanny" saw it before me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts