Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over at another car forum, sometimes we post a day-in-the-life thread just for entertainment. i did one of saturday morning so i'll copy and paste it here.

i had a busy work week and now that it's finally nice out i thought i would do two things that i haven't done in a long time. 1) just go for a drive and 2) pick up the camera again. i decided to go for a cruise that someone had put together from another car club. the cruise goes around the back roads of the Niagara falls area. i've done the cruise before years ago in my integra but typically in the fall when the colors are nice.

anyways, wake up at 6am. i'm never up this early. i work evenings so i work until 11pm, and fall asleep around 3am. i ment to wake up at 5am but i kept hitting the snoozzzzz

i pre packed the camera gear and maps so i was ready to go in the morning. with 3hrs of sleep i knew i would forget something. dressed for comfort, shorts, basic black T and a hoodie (they were calling for rain)

it's a beautiful morning out. i live in the burbs, about an hour away from the starting point.

got some time today to mess around with all the little features of the car. first being the gps app that sends the destination to your car. pretty cool.

and on my way. like i said a really nice morning leaving the neighbourhood.

top up the tank. weird and cool that this car doesn't have a gas cap.

econo mode selected, doing 5.9L/100km...not too shabby.

heading over the bridge, into the city of hamilton, Ontario.

messing around with some stuff, trying out the lane keep assist thing. look mah no hands!

alright finally reach the start point to the cruise. i'm pretty sure my car has malaria.

time for breakfast! ate it outside because there were two tour busses and everyone was inside.

tims egg white with turkey sausage breakfast sammish...mmmm

ok time to get going. quick check of the map and gps and i'm off

and right away i'm stuck behind a tractor. :|

this cruise takes you through all the back roads where you will find many of the Niagara wineries.

had to snap a pic here. it was such a quiet, nice part of the lake. there was also a ballin ass house on the other side of the street.

bridge. next time i'm bringing my fishing rod.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
at one point during the first leg there's an old racetrack. it's a dirt track and it looks like they were prepping for a race tonight.

sheep!

sheep butt.

this part of the route got twisty so sport + mode. the 4ws really lets this car turn nicely. feelzz like the car is half it's size.

annnnndd checkpoint. some local bikers were doing a fundraiser for motorcycle safety so i chipped in $10.

grabbed a redbull, map and gps check and i'm off again

awww yeaaaahhh. gave the rev-matching downshifts a good workout.

i went through twice lol

This is a lock on the Niagara escarpment. they have some big boats going through here, there's a total of 3 locks. there was a big boat but i can't get the pics to photomerge properly.

andddd where else would the second checkpoint be?

it's getting kinda hot but so nice out

once again, check map, check GPS and i'm out for the last leg of the cruise.

making my way through a small quiet part of town i spot this cafe on the corner. pull in for a early lunch.

ham and cheeze croissant and a coffee.

pictures always have a story behind them. i took a wrong turn and ended up by the lake. i almost got into a fight for this pic lol (some guy saying i can't take a pic of the lake :wtf:)

following the Niagara river, bridge to america in the back.

a lookout point, met a guy with his wife driving a nice mustang and a retired couple driving around from new jersey.

american boarder

power station at the falls

And finally the falls! this is where the route ends.

didn't leave out the american side

then a pretty uneventful drive home. i need a nap now. total distance: 403km

thanks for looking!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Now I want to take a road trip up to Canada!

:)

Reactions: Wade

·
Registered
18 Posts
Beautiful Pics

I really enjoyed your pictures and the beautiful baby. It is just like you're in Heaven when you get behind that TLX wheel,isn't it? I have done that a few times myself. Bobbo

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone, the drive was simply put...amazing. i had a great time. i think i might do the cruise again in the summer or fall with the ontario members even tho there's like...3 of us lol and that invitation is open to anyone willing to drive up to canada!

·
Registered
666 Posts
i'm pretty sure my car has malaria.
That was a mild case. My wife went to Michigan in her white car and it was 100 times worse than that. The touchless car wash only removed about 75%, and the rest was down to hard manual work with some bug cleaner.

Great photo journey. It gives me some ideas to do something similar.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Not to get off topic but if you know you'll be going on a longer trip a coat or two of wax on the nose of the car will make it easier to get the bugs off.

Ok. Back to admiring the pictures.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Great post! Thoroughly enjoyed the pics. Gonna go back and look again.
Thanks!
Alan

·
Super Moderator
1,006 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you have a loyalty card for Tim H.!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great pics and love the story going through them. Makes we want to get the body kit even more and then take a road trip to show it off :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
How was it removing the stuck on bugs?

I know sometimes it can be hard to get the bumper completely clean, sometimes requiring a clay bar.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks again everyone, i'm glad you guys are enjoying the pics :D

Awesome post! What do you shoot with?
thanks! i shoot with a canon 7d and was jumping back and forth between my 24-70mm F2.8L and a sigma 9mm fisheye.

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you have a loyalty card for Tim H.!!
i should have bought shares in tims i go there so much haha it doesn't help when there's one 2 mins away from my desk lol

How was it removing the stuck on bugs?

I know sometimes it can be hard to get the bumper completely clean, sometimes requiring a clay bar.
not really. i always keep two clean microfiber cloths and a bottle of quick detailer in the car.

i do detailing/paint correction for family/friends and i'm just waiting on a few products to show up in the mail to give the TLX a very in-depth detail. you would be surprised how dirty/imperfect factory paint can be; even on a brand new car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts