Acura TLX Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just stared getting it, actually yesterday. I have an A-Spec, built 7/21. @silveraspec, did you just tell them about the noise, or did you tell the dealer something else to have them change the clock spring and cover?
So I had the clicking behind the airbag and the creaking when turning the steering wheel to full rotation. I sat with the service guy in the service bay area, and we realized that pulling back the horn piece also stops the creaking when turning the steering wheel to full rotation. He went and took the horn piece off to look behind and determined it should be a new clock spring and plastic trim. The service guy never actually took my car for a drive to hear the clicking noise

·
Registered
19 Posts
But FYI I took it to them early September and they still haven't received the parts order. So I something similar to the picture above with felt tape and have nearly eliminated the sound. Only the harshest road can bring out a minor click now

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive searched this forum, a lot of people complained about this issue, but I cant find an instance where someone got this issue resolved. If people out there DONT have this issue, there should be a way to remedy this, right? I dont want to take the car in until I know there's an actual fix. TIA
I have the

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I just went to my local Acura dealership, which is why I go for all my service, and he heard the sounds from the steering wheel. He took a video and agreed that it’s not right. He’s filing the claim in the morning. I’ll keep you all updated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Where are you located? In my car. the severity seems to be decreasing with decreasing temperatures in NY. Last week, I also quick hit the horn around 1000 times along the perimeter of the airbag, and the clicking hasnt been nearly as bad, almost as if something was "broken in" . So either I fixed it with 1000 jabs, or the problem will be back next spring/summer. shrug.

Very frustrating to be having these intermitant issues in a "luxury car" . Also have intermittent issues with door unlocking when touching handle, and USB music not being detected . ( happens with both USB drive, and Ipod) ugh

·
Registered
15 Posts
Where are you located? In my car. the severity seems to be decreasing with decreasing temperatures in NY. Last week, I also quick hit the horn around 1000 times along the perimeter of the airbag, and the clicking hasnt been nearly as bad, almost as if something was "broken in" . So either I fixed it with 1000 jabs, or the problem will be back next spring/summer. shrug.

Very frustrating to be having these intermitant issues in a "luxury car" . Also have intermittent issues with door unlocking when touching handle, and USB music not being detected . ( happens with both USB drive, and Ipod) ugh
I am in NY. My car makes the sounds with the car both cold or warmed up (after my 80mile commute). I have a ‘21 ASPEC with 4900 miles.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts