Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive searched this forum, a lot of people complained about this issue, but I cant find an instance where someone got this issue resolved. If people out there DONT have this issue, there should be a way to remedy this, right? I dont want to take the car in until I know there's an actual fix. TIA

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
170 Posts
Ive searched this thread, a lot of people complained about this issue, but I cant find an instance where someone got this issue resolved. If people out there DONT have this issue, there should be a way to remedy this, right? I dont want to take the car in until I know there's an actual fix. TIA
I have not heard the clicking issue that people are complaining about.........

·
Registered
19 Posts
Some people on the TLX Owner Gen 2 Facebook group got it resolved by having their steering rack replaced. For me the dealer has ordered a replacement clock spring and plastic trim, TBD if it fixes it permanently though

FWIW, I have a DIY fix that has solved 95% of the problem. Gently pull the horn button away from the back of the steering wheel, and inserted some felt tape at like the 2 o clock position just behind the horn button

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, if I pull back on it towards me, the clicking seems to stop for a while. I think we have the same exact issue. Please let me know if they fix it..

·
Registered
2021 TLX SH-AWD TECH
44 Posts
Will it happen during engine running or car running because I try to replicate it.

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
131 Posts
I don't have it. Advance, September 2020 build.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, it happens while driving. Im glad it doesnt happen to you guys, therefore they should be able to fix it. * cross fingers*

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep seeing you guys post build dates, just looked at mine inside the door, 02/21 ... Wanna trade an old steering wheel for a newer one? ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some people on the TLX Owner Gen 2 Facebook group got it resolved by having their steering rack replaced. For me the dealer has ordered a replacement clock spring and plastic trim, TBD if it fixes it permanently though

FWIW, I have a DIY fix that has solved 95% of the problem. Gently pull the horn button away from the back of the steering wheel, and inserted some felt tape at like the 2 o clock position just behind the horn button
Id be interested to know YOUR build date, having the same problem and all.

·
Registered
2021 TLX SH-AWD TECH
44 Posts
I think I also had this noise but seems its coming from the dashboard as I hear it but when I try to lift the plastic cover where the horn is the noise is gone. So its from behind the horn. Dont know whats behind on this cover.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
170 Posts
Build date 3/21 so my car did not sit long at all.

...and yes, I quoted myself!
One of the reasons that I got a great deal on my TLX is that apparently people in Wichita aren't big fans of the car. Mine had a build date of 12/20 and I bought it at the end of April as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
One of the reasons that I got a great deal on my TLX is that apparently people in Wichita aren't big fans of the car. Mine had a build date of 12/20 and I bought it at the end of April as well.
I live in the Detroit area but got my car from a dealer in Ohio near Toledo. That dealer got it from a different dealer in Cleveland.

·
Registered
27 Posts
2021 A-Spec, build 12/20, have not had an issue with steering wheel rattle (yet!). Purchased May ‘21 with 5 miles on odometer, currently 4,000 miles on odometer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just stared getting it, actually yesterday. I have an A-Spec, built 7/21. @silveraspec, did you just tell them about the noise, or did you tell the dealer something else to have them change the clock spring and cover?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts