Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Forum and thanks for making your first post.

What TLX are you looking to order? Details please.
I indicated to the dealer that I am interested in the SH-AWD elite in black copper pearl with parchment interior (espresso not available in Canada).
Dealer included Nitrogen ($430) and Nitro/Globali ($618) in quote. Is this a normal extra with all dealers?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I indicated to the dealer that I am interested in the SH-AWD elite in black copper pearl with parchment interior (espresso not available in Canada).
Dealer included Nitrogen ($430) and Nitro/Globali ($618) in quote. Is this a normal extra with all dealers?
Very nice color combo. I got the parchment as well, but with the Basque Red Pearl.

I am not sure what the difference between the two Nitrogens are. I did google for the second term and I found a couple of interesting articles. For me the Nitrogen in the tires was a given, free. I live in the US. Could it be different in Canada? I am sure others will chime in.

Vehicle buyers paying hundreds more for extras they didn?t request - Edmonton - CBC News

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tire Rack has an excellent article on nitrogen in tires. Their advice was that it's not worth more than $5 -$10 per tire. Costco in Calgary routinely install their tires with Nitrogen...no extra fee

·
Registered
438 Posts
my dealer offered none of these extra stuff, they offered rustproofing and extended warranty but i said no to them

if u dont need any of those stuff, insist that you will not take the car unless they take those items off the quote. hopefully u havent signed anything yet

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Right, it is a waste of money. In my case I think the dealer had this Globali thing bundled within the PDI cost and they insisted on taking it. I said I am absolutely not paying for that and I didn't.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my dealer offered none of these extra stuff, they offered rustproofing and extended warranty but i said no to them

if u dont need any of those stuff, insist that you will not take the car unless they take those items off the quote. hopefully u havent signed anything yet
Good news:
1) salesman advised that my car was built yesterday (friday:eek:, better than Monday)
2) don't have to take the nitro and globali since I told them about the advice I received on this forum (thanks).

Hopefully,the car will be here in the next three weeks

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Good news:
1) salesman advised that my car was built yesterday (friday:eek:, better than Monday)
2) don't have to take the nitro and globali since I told them about the advice I received on this forum (thanks).

Hopefully,the car will be here in the next three weeks
Excellent news. I know you are anxious. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.