Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI for fellow TLX owners the Weathertech Floor Liners are now available for the front only - US $109 plus shipping. They are available in Black, Beige(Tan?) and Grey. Mine are supposed to arrive tomorrow so I will post my thoughts when I install them. I got the Black for two reasons - I think it will blend best with my Espresso interior and I will have to get something generic for the rear and the black will be easier to match color.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm waiting for someone to produce a waterproof trunk liner that covers the whole trunk, unlike the Acura version only covers the center piece.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I assume if they came out with ones for the front, ones for the rear can't be too far behind. Maybe you should wait it out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Received the mats today. Pulled out the factory mats and they fit absolutely perfect aligning and locking with factory twist locks. They cover way up under the gas and brake pedal and the dead pedal is mostly covered also - these are way better than the Honda all weather mats I have had in previous vehicles. Out of curiosity I called Weathertech and they said the rears are in "tooling" and just a few weeks away from availability. I will be patient and wait for the rears unless the weather gets bad earlier than expected and I will just get some cheap ones to hold me over.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The WeatherTech mats are always really nice. My dealer gave me a set of winter floor mats with my car and they are really deep which I like. But they do feel a little slippery. I'll have to try different shoes, I guess. Or maybe they just need to get dirty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am waiting until the rear digital mats are available before ordering the set (front/rear). I don't want to pay shipping twice. The rep from McNeill emailed me the rear mats should be available in a few more weeks. Must say - we have the digital mats in two other cars and they are just the best you can buy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you go with the Weathertech Floor Liners (trays) or the Weathertech rubber mats? (Weathertech offers both styles now.)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went with the liners (trays with the high sides) the only mats available from Weathertech for the TLX at this time are generic and not a custom fit. I wanted something to protect as much of the carpeting as possible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I want the digital mats. They fit each car exactly and are fantastic. They only offer the front mats right now for the TLX. The rear mats should be available in a few weeks.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Do you leave these mats in year round or do you take them out when the weather improves?

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I've been using these mats for years. I normally use the fabric ones for the summer months but the Weathertechs could easily be used all year round. They fit perfect and do a good job of protecting the carpet underneath.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
It depends on where you live. The manufacturers mats usually have little to no edge so the water and salt get into the carpet underneath. The Weathertechs mats have a high edge so the water and salt stay contained in the mat.

If you live in an area with no road salt, the Acura mats may be fine for you.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Does anyone know how these compare to the all weather mats? Not sure if I should weather tech or the ones that acura offer
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

Sounds like weather tech is the way to go if you live with snow and mud. Even down here it might be nice when we visit the beach. I like how they are fitted to the specific car.:)

·
Registered
666 Posts
The manufacturers mats usually have little to no edge so the water and salt get into the carpet underneath. The Weathertechs mats have a high edge so the water and salt stay contained in the mat.
Your first statement was true for my 3G TL but the winter mats from Acura for the TLX are vastly different. They are lighter and have a high edge to contain slush and liquids.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I did see some Honda mats last year that looked identical to the Weathertechs but I can't remember where. Maybe Honda has a deal with Weathertech. All the better if that's the case. I'm guessing they will be more expensive though.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Here is a shot of the TL all season mats that show as an accessory on the. Acura website. I also included a shot of the Weathertechs so you can get an idea of the higher sides.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The all-weather mats I got from Acura have high sides. Not sure of the cost because they didn't charge me, but they are most likely cheaper than Weathertech and they look really good.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
The all-weather mats I got from Acura have high sides. Not sure of the cost because they didn't charge me, but they are most likely cheaper than Weathertech and they look really good.

Sounds like a good deal. Free is always good. ;)

Could you post a picture of the mats?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.