Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fell into the YouTube rabbit hole of auto detailing and found this video. It has a lot of good information on washing, though he uses some commercial-grade stuff that might be hard to get. Main thing though is he demonstrates on a TLX.

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
110 Posts
Fell into the YouTube rabbit hole of auto detailing and found this video. It has a lot of good information on washing, though he uses some commercial-grade stuff that might be hard to get. Main thing though is he demonstrates on a TLX.

interesting I might just take my car to a very highly rated professional detail shop when I want it super clean

·
Registered
2020 Acura TLX 3.5L V6 FWD P-AWS Modern Steel Metallic
9 Posts
It's easy to spend hours watching those detailing videos, and there is a lot of good information, but there is also a lot of bad (like the videos where they wash the engine ...never spray water on an engine, it's just asking for trouble)
The best way in my opinion to never drive it in the winter (road salt ...nasty for metal) rain (water + metal = rust) and sun's uv are also equally bad for an automobile

·
Premium Member
4,995 Posts
So don’t drive in the winter because of salt, don’t drive in the rain, and try to avoid the sun? Not sure most have those options. Here in Canada, we’d be driving about 5 days a year.

As for the engine bay, I’ve used a garden hose and Simple Green degreaser for years without issue. As long as you don’t use an aggressive spray, you’ll be fine.

There is a ton of good info online for detailing depending on how much time you want to dedicate to the process. Watch a bunch and decide what you’re the most comfortable doing.

·
Super Moderator
1,052 Posts
As someone who details cars, the only issue with water is the battery and alternator. If you cover both items water will not be an issue.
Good advice and welcome tot he forum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts