Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two errors at the same time today. One was a warning that the forward collision system may not operate properly and the other was that lane departure system may not function properly. The errors only appeared on the NAV screen and not in the Imid display.

I deleted the errors and hopefully they don't come back. I've seen issues/warnings similar to these in other forums which were resolved with a camera replacement. Others still have the errors after multiple trips to the dealer.

Fingers crossed. I'll update this post if the errors reappear.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Very strange. I had one warning (logged in Acuralink messages as well) a few months back on FCAS; this was on start-up in a parking lot.

Next engine start cleared the error 3 minutes later, and none since then..

Let us know what happens

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For sure. Hopefully it was a one of. I had just restarted after putting the car in accessory mode by shutting the car off without going to park for the first time. Strange for sure.

·
Registered
681 Posts
As an aside - several months ago - i notice the passenger side circular sensor had popped out from the bumper...no apparent reason. I pushed it back in, and its never popped out again.

But i think these are the parking proximity sensors, not those used above?

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As an aside - several months ago - i notice the passenger side circular sensor had popped out from the bumper...no apparent reason. I pushed it back in, and its never popped out again.

But i think these are the parking proximity sensors, not those used above?

Yes. I believe those are parking sensors.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I did a bit of troubleshooting today. This is the conclusion I came to in my scenario so far.

If I shut the car of normally (i.e come to a stop, press the park button, push button to shut off car) I get no errors the next time I start the car.

If I go directly to accessory mode (i.e come to a stop, press the off button which goes directly to accessory mode, the car automatically puts itself in Park) the next time I start the car I will get the two errors after about a minute or two of driving.

I'll try a few more things tomorrow but this would tell me it's software related and not necessarily a bad camera as I get no errors when I don't go directly to accessory mode.

Here are the two errors I got today.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
So I did a bit of troubleshooting today. This is the conclusion I came to in my scenario so far.

If I shut the car of normally (i.e come to a stop, press the park button, push button to shut off car) I get no errors the next time I start the car.

If I go directly to accessory mode (i.e come to a stop, press the off button which goes directly to accessory mode, the car automatically puts itself in Park) the next time I start the car I will get the two errors after about a minute or two of driving.

I'll try a few more things tomorrow but this would tell me it's software related and not necessarily a bad camera as I get no errors when I don't go directly to accessory mode.
Very interesting. Good troubleshooting. :)

·
Registered
520 Posts

Here are the two errors I got today.

Did you select the voice to hear what the message says? In my experience with messages the voice is usually a lot more detail than the text on the screen.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did listen to the voice yesterday. I can't remember the exact phrasing but it pretty well said the system may not work properly. There wasn't much more detail beyond that I don't think. If I get the error again I'll listen to be sure.

·
Registered
28 Posts

This post surprised me. When I stop the car and press the On/Off button, the car shuts off and shifts into Park. I would love to be able to turn off the engine but keep the radio on(I assume that's what happens when you go directly to Accessory mode). I have not seen the error messages either.

Is there some subtlety that you didn't mention that lets you get to accessory mode instead of just turning OFF?

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not sure I fully understand your question. I think you're asking how to leave the radio on when we shut off the car. That's essentially the method I mentioned. Stop, shut off car without going to Park first. I only recently started doing this which is why I thought it may have somehow been related to the warnings I've started getting.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Maybe shutting the car off while its still technically in drive (not hitting the P) the camera still thinks the car is in drive. Hit P and the camera shuts off kinda thing.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe shutting the car off while its still technically in drive (not hitting the P) the camera still thinks the car is in drive. Hit P and the camera shuts off kinda thing.

It's probably something like that but you wouldn't think they would talk about going into accessory mode this way if it was going to cause errors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've seen the exact problem that OP has described. And I too started using the "shortcut" to shut-off the car, recently. So maybe it is related to that. It doesn't happen every time. So far it has happened twice. I was wondering if there has been any resolution? I am planning to ask the dealer about this next time I go for oil change ...

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's not really a resolution but I went back to going to accessory mode by shutting the car off and then pushing the start button without having my foot on the brake pedal. The error never re occurred by going to accessory mode the way I just described.

I'll mention it when I go for my first oil change.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I got the same forward collision warning notice.

i take the 407 to work (a always empty toll highway) and one day it was raining pretty good, the first rain storm i've driven through and my fwd collision warning was tweaking out! it would start warning and there wouldn't be anyone around me at all.

then on sunny days, once again with no one around me as i would approach a overpass i guess the shadow would set off the warning. this happened a few weeks ago but it's been behaving since.

like you guys i'm going to mention it at my first oil change lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
I notice this error happen everytime when turn on (start) the car from "accessory mode"

Besides, if you choose "voice", the system just read out the message to you.... nothing special......

·
Registered
317 Posts
Funny how that works, too old school.

They should have made it come on with one of the ignition settings, that's what I would prefer it be like.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I haven't used accessory mode by just shutting the car off without putting the car in park since I started this thread until this week while I was trouble shooting for another member.

It's still consistent in the sense that when I enter accessory mode this way I get warnings the next time I start the vehicle. This time is was with the cross traffic warning when backing up.

As with the other warnings it only happens the next time I start the vehicle after accessory mode and never happens when the car is shut off by putting it in park before a shutting it off or of I shut it off when auto stop engages. Strange behaviour for sure.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts