Acura TLX Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
It’s been 5 years since I’ve seen this thread but if you look at post #9 it seems the actuator is in the mirror.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
It’s been 5 years since I’ve seen this thread but if you look at post #9 it seems the actuator is in the mirror.
How come the Canadian models get all the cool features Andre? :p

Reactions: andre12dbsi

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
How come the Canadian models get all the cool features Andre? :p
That’s a good question. Maybe it’s more of a competitive market here so they need to add more features, or maybe the Acura engineers just enjoy seeing the posts in the forums where people argue about what features are available on the cars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That’s a good question. Maybe it’s more of a competitive market here so they need to add more features, or maybe the Acura engineers just enjoy seeing the posts in the forums where people argue about what features are available on the cars.
Hey Andre I know Acura TLX advance came with power folding mirrors now if I buy the mirrors, front door sub harness for mirror for both front doors along with the mirror switch do you think it will work? Would appreciate it. Actually I am new to this forum and wanted to learn something more about these nice mods.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Hey Andre I know Acura TLX advance came with power folding mirrors now if I buy the mirrors, front door sub harness for mirror for both front doors along with the mirror switch do you think it will work? Would appreciate it. Actually I am new to this forum and wanted to learn something more about these nice mods.
I wish I could be more help, but it was the OP of this post who was trying to put the mod together. He has some pretty good pictures and comments further back in the thread. I owned a Canadian TLX so the folding mirrors where included. I would think what you've got listed would work but I would strongly recommend you get a few more opinions. I don’t want you to spend the money and it not work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wish I could be more help, but it was the OP of this post who was trying to put the mod together. He has some pretty good pictures and comments further back in the thread. I owned a Canadian TLX so the folding mirrors where included. I would think what you've got listed would work but I would strongly recommend you get a few more opinions. I don’t want you to spend the money and it not work.
Thanks for your response actually I am going thru Acura Dealer and the one of the technician is researching some more to see if it will work or not. Now I drive a 2019 Acura TLX Aspec Sh-AWD he checked my car front driver door to see how many pins I have on the main wire that goes into the kick panel and according to him I have 1 pin extra. Now once I am sure that it will I will be buying both mirrors brand new for Advance model, main door harness, sub harness main window switch and mirrors switch. We both are searching to seek the right information to do this swap. I know that the computer that controls the mirror is the same on Tech, Aspec and Advance models but there might be difference on connections as Advance not only have cameras but puddle lights as well. If I do this swap than I will be posting it over here in detail. But for right now I am still searching to find some beneficial information to do the swap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very odd indeed. So far I've talked to 3 separate Acura dealerships in Canada and they all gave me the same part numbers. I just can't see how either the driver or passenger side harness connect to the mirror motor.

All the plugs on the harness are used up for:
  • mirror actuator
  • heated mirror
  • auto-dimming
  • turn signal
  • puddle light
Wish I have access to a Canadian TLX mirror to open it up and take a look =(
Hi Op how did your power folding mirror swap went? Is it complete? I have a questions now if I buy complete mirrors of an Advance TLX which comes with these mirrors along with main harness and sub wiring harness along with the mirrors switch do you think it will work? You help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts