·
Registered
55 Posts
Black trim definitely works better than chrome with a white car

Looks great!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I dont mind the chrome trim on the rear and front of the car. BUT it looks a millions times better with the window trim blacked out.

DIY or a shop?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Diy. Just did my grill today. I wasted a piece because of the way the emblem is sticking out made it hard to get it smooth. Doing it the second time I knew what to expect, so I started with the emblem first. I feel like the chrome around the grill is going to be hard to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think that the chrome vs. black trim depends quite a bit on the exterior color of the car. The chrome looks good on the blue, but on the white the black looks better imo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Diy. Just did my grill today. I wasted a piece because of the way the emblem is sticking out made it hard to get it smooth. Doing it the second time I knew what to expect, so I started with the emblem first. I feel like the chrome around the grill is going to be hard to do.
Looks great! Did you use plasti dip for the grill?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks good! the window trim looks really good with the tint.
Thanks, it's not that hard to do the top part of the trim since you can pull out the weather stripping around the top of the door easily. the bottom of the trim is hard as it doesn't have anything to tuck under on the bottom part. I ordered some vinyl primer to help it from lifting, I also ordered more vinyl as I had to take off the rears to redo.

The other day I had a few scrap pieces and tried doing the side view mirrors, it's probably as hard as the grill with all the short curves.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The more I look at that trim the more I like it. Im going to ask the guy that did my grill for an estimate.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looks GREAT!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So today was my first attempt at doing the emblems on the back of the car. It didn't come out perfect, all the sharp corners made it really hard to form it. I might redo them later but for now it serves the purpose of letting me know what the final product will look like. I'm thinking of doing them with black chrome to give it more of an OEM feel. I'm not sure yet, but for now, enjoy the photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks really good!! I was debating on the emblems too. Now I know how it would look like. Nice job!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally did the chrome piece around the grill, it was bothering me. Trying out connecting the bottom grill into one piece, I like it so far. I also added eyelids to my tail lights, I'll get some photos of that later.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looks sharp!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Finally did the chrome piece around the grill, it was bothering me. Trying out connecting the bottom grill into one piece, I like it so far. I also added eyelids to my tail lights, I'll get some photos of that later.
Eyelids for your tail lights? Or just lashes?

eyelid (noun) - the movable lid of skin that serves to cover and uncover the eyeball.

Or is this a euphemism I am unaware of? :laugh:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts