Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I read the entire downloaded long form owner's manual, then went on to the Navigation manual. I have a headache. I've had no problems getting used to all the Advance Package technology systems and, generally, I like them.

Voice commands are something else. I speak a pretty clear English, but I'm about to give up on the voice system. It rarely does what I ask. Some of it is actually funny, but not useful. I asked it to call someone in my phonebook and got a list of everyone but him. If I ask to find the nearest hospital or restaurant, I get a list of traffic congestion, or some other irrelevant screen. Or else, it will say, "Pardon, I didn't understand you." Etc. Occasionally, it will work, but not often enough to be reliable..

It's just simpler for me to use the settings and menus manually. What is everyone's experience? Who has mastered the voice system and who is ready to throw in the towel, like me?

·
Registered
666 Posts
My voice is reasonably generic and it works quite well for me. If you decide you need it and are prepared to experiment then do a search for "acura hidden menu voice recognition" and follow the instructions. Using the hidden menu is not recommended, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's not working very well, if at all, for me which is quite the surprise as my 2009 and 2013 TLs were pretty much spot on in terms of the voice recognition. I checked and I do have the latest software in my car.

I've did the search suggested by TLX2014 and found the diagnostic for the microphone. So, I ran it and when I spoke I could see from the display that the mic was hearing me but I have no idea if it understood me. The system does not understand any spoken address and when I attempted to store a voice tag for a speed dial, it told me it didn't hear anything. Most unacceptable

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to talk with them about this and hopefully get it squared away. I'm hoping it won't be a pain in the rear for the next 36 months (when the lease ends).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts