Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering vinyl wrapping the roof in glossy black. However, I do not know if I should have the shark fin antenna wrapped as well or if I should leave it red so it can contrast against the black vinyl.

Thoughts? Ideas?

---Cheers!!!

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD Apex Blue/Red
19 Posts
I am also planning to this. I usually leave it the same color.
I also buy the vinyl on eBay and then take it to my tint place and they install it for like $100

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
344 Posts
$100??? Sign me up! Places here are quoting between $600 and $800.

OP: I'd wrap the antenna as well. IMO, It'll look half-finished if you don't.

Reactions: PCPILOT

·
Registered
19 Posts
$100??? Sign me up! Places here are quoting between $600 and $800.

OP: I'd wrap the antenna as well. IMO, It'll look half-finished if you don't.
Ouch!! You should ask how much if you provide your own vinyl.

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
344 Posts
Seeing that I can buy the vinyl for less that $100,and they buy in bulk, I can't see it making a whole lot of difference. I'm considering doing it myself this summer. We'll see.

Reactions: PCPILOT

·
Registered
19 Posts
Seeing that I can buy the vinyl for less that $100,and they buy in bulk, I can't see it making a whole lot of difference. I'm considering doing it myself this summer. We'll see.
Hmm but if they charging you $600-800. That means they are charging you $500-$700 just in labor?!?!? It took them like an hour to install mine. No way its that much in labor. lol

Actually when I told them how much I paid for the vinyl. They thought it was really cheap. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am considering vinyl wrapping the roof in glossy black. However, I do not know if I should have the shark fin antenna wrapped as well or if I should leave it red so it can contrast against the black vinyl.

Thoughts? Ideas?

---Cheers!!!

Thoughts? Ideas?

---Cheers!!!
I’m getting mine done today as we speak. I was going to keep mine white, but opted to change it to match. I’ll post my pic after

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 Elite TLX AWD. Gloss black roof wrap, rear spoiler and partial chrome delete. I’m happy with it. I’m thinking of doing the rest of the chrome on the front too

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts

Thoughts? Ideas?

---Cheers!!!
They charged me $220 for material and labor at local shop.
IMG_1166.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
It looks really nice on a white car. Not sure if its going to be worth it on my Apex Blue.

They charged me $220 for material and labor at local shop.
$220 is a more reasonable price. $600-800 is waaay too much!! lol

·
Super Moderator
1,033 Posts
It looks really nice on a white car. Not sure if its going to be worth it on my Apex Blue.

I think it would look sharp on the Apex Blue (IMHO).

Reactions: TrickVert

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree. Even better than my Fathom Blue Pearl.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm betting the people I talked to are pulling the headliner and removing (and wrapping) the shark fin antenna , where this pricing doesn't include that. I may investigate further this summer what it would look like if I took care of that part, and painted the antenna myself. I'm not worried about that being a permanent change, as even if the roof wrap is removed at some point, the black antenna would still match up with the black spoiler.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts