Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been scouring these posts, reading all I can about the transmission issues. I have the same issues between 2 and 3. If I use the paddle shifters to quickly shift into 3rd at a low RPM, the problem is reduced, but not eliminated. I, too, have big hopes that Acura makes right by this and comes out with a software update (soon) that eliminates this problem.

Other than that, the car is amazing. Very sexy. Very advanced. Great bargain, even at $43,000.

Thanks for listening!

Wes

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I have been scouring these posts, reading all I can about the transmission issues. I have the same issues between 2 and 3. If I use the paddle shifters to quickly shift into 3rd at a low RPM, the problem is reduced, but not eliminated. I, too, have big hopes that Acura makes right by this and comes out with a software update (soon) that eliminates this problem.

Other than that, the car is amazing. Very sexy. Very advanced. Great bargain, even at $43,000.

Thanks for listening!

Wes
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post contains good news.

Glad you like your new TLX.

What color combination did you get?

:)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I purchased the Black on Black (Crystal Black Pearl and Ebony.) Was not my first choice, but quickly grew on me. Very happy that is what I went with. :)

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
681 Posts
Great choice!

·
Registered
11 Posts
transmission

having the same issues but I have started parking car in garage and the problem has diminished--no excuse that the tranny is terrible in the cold-but it is what it is. I also believe I have learned how the drive the car-no excuse again for Acura-but my problems are manageable now--I have moved the isd to SPORT mode and it also seems to have helped. The car is undriveable in the economy zone.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today was the first day I sat in stop and go traffic.. for about 30 minutes. By the time I was out of it, I was very frustrated. I went immediately to David McDavid Acura in Austin, and talked with service. I was making an appointment to drop my car off tomorrow, when the service tech behind me overheard, and asked "do you drive a TLX?" I replied "yes, and I love it, except for the shift from 2-3". He replied "I just helped another TLX owner with that same issue, and there is a new software update that we just installed on their car. That is probably what yours needs too."

I was relieved, and very happy that they offered that up front. I was expecting "well, this is the first we've heard of this, but let's see if we can see anything abnormal."

Let's hope it makes more than a slight difference. :)

-A very hopeful TLX owner.

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
681 Posts
Please keep us in the loop nce you get the update. Many of us have this issue but in varying degrees of abruptness. I wonder when the update was released?

Good luck!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update after visit to service!

So, there was no software update. However, the lead tech went on a test drive with me and voila! The bump from 2nd to 3rd was drastically reduced! He told me they reset the car, prompting the car to "Relearn" how to shift. He told me that sometimes, whem\n these Hondas or Acuras are first turned on, they are not left to idle long enough. He said they need to learn during the idle. (This makes sense, as my car was fresh off the truck when I bought it, and it probably missed something during it's setup.)

Since I picked up my car yesterday, the bump is not completely gone, but it is soooo much smoother. If you are having the same issue, take your car in for a reset. Let them know that there are consequences if the car does not get a proper start up.

I love my car!!!

Wes

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
So, there was no software update. However, the lead tech went on a test drive with me and voila! The bump from 2nd to 3rd was drastically reduced! He told me they reset the car, prompting the car to "Relearn" how to shift. He told me that sometimes, whem\n these Hondas or Acuras are first turned on, they are not left to idle long enough. He said they need to learn during the idle. (This makes sense, as my car was fresh off the truck when I bought it, and it probably missed something during it's setup.)

Since I picked up my car yesterday, the bump is not completely gone, but it is soooo much smoother. If you are having the same issue, take your car in for a reset. Let them know that there are consequences if the car does not get a proper start up.

I love my car!!!

Wes
That is such great news! It's nice to hear a happy story.
Good luck and enjoy the drive. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.