Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just leased a 2.4 Tech at Crown Acura in Winnipeg, MB, Canada.

It was a very good experience on the whole. Our salesman, Pierre, was very pleasant and accommodating. After the test drive (and leaving us to that without even offering to come along - always appreciated), we went home and deliberated for a few days.

Once we'd decided to pull the trigger, I emailed rather than calling, and laid out my offer, what we would and would not pay for, and most importantly, that we would not tolerate any efforts to "upwell" when we came to the dealer in the event the offer was accepted.

It was accepted, and when we got there, we were in and out in under 20 minutes (plus the time to get plates and registration). We were treated well, and I put that down to being crystal clear that we'd walk if our terms about that treatment weren't met.

I have to think that it ended up being a good experience for the dealer as well. Really, just how things should be done. Hours haggling, sales manager intervention, attempts to get us to buy "extras" - never again! Dignity for both sides, just as it should be.

Enjoying the car now, and hoping the relationship continues positively.

Neil

·
Registered
144 Posts
We just leased a 2.4 Tech at Crown Acura in Winnipeg, MB, Canada.

It was accepted, and when we got there, we were in and out in under 20 minutes (plus the time to get plates and registration). We were treated well, and I put that down to being crystal clear that we'd walk if our terms about that treatment weren't met.

I have to think that it ended up being a good experience for the dealer as well. Really, just how things should be done. Hours haggling, sales manager intervention, attempts to get us to buy "extras" - never again! Dignity for both sides, just as it should be.

Enjoying the car now, and hoping the relationship continues positively.

Neil
If you were in and out in 20 minutes, maybe not such a good deal. My salesman took more time than that to help us pair our iPhones to Blue Tooth, set up our presets for seats, mirrors, etc, and give me some quick lessons on the navigation systems, key fob, and other things. Even with all that I still spend a lot of "driveway time" learning new things and experimenting. >:D

In all seriousness enjoy the car and driving experience and I hope you find your dealership to be as valuable player in that as I have. Oh yes, I, too am leasing.;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, in and out in 20 minutes as far as the paperwork etc. went.

We also gave the salesman some time to give us a tour through the vehicle, as most will do. We had the feeling that it would be a kindness to him; perhaps something that the sales manager would want/require him to do. In fact, not much of that "stuck", I don't find that it usually does. I'll use the manual, online videos, and just goofing around to figure it out for myself both before and after taking delivery.

To be fair, we're at a point in our lives where we don't feel that we need to get a lower price than anyone else ever has to feel like we've won. Looking for more of a win-win with the dealer, and part of that is getting a number of inclusions included at no cost to us (protection package, bumper appliqué, that sort of thing) which saves us the full price, and at the same time is something the dealer is only paying their cost for. Win-win.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, in and out in 20 minutes as far as the paperwork etc. went.

We also gave the salesman some time to give us a tour through the vehicle, as most will do. We had the feeling that it would be a kindness to him; perhaps something that the sales manager would want/require him to do. In fact, not much of that "stuck", I don't find that it usually does. I'll use the manual, online videos, and just goofing around to figure it out for myself both before and after taking delivery.

To be fair, we're at a point in our lives where we don't feel that we need to get a lower price than anyone else ever has to feel like we've won. Looking for more of a win-win with the dealer, and part of that is getting a number of inclusions included at no cost to us (protection package, bumper appliqué, that sort of thing) which saves us the full price, and at the same time is something the dealer is only paying their cost for. Win-win.
Our salesman has been our salesman through 4 Acuras now. He has always been fair with us and has made it clear that he wants our return business. But, the real selling point is the dealership. If it doesn't support the salesman through its service then it is time to go elsewhere. In our case the dealership had a female service advisor (which appealed to my wife) who has subsequently been promoted to service manager and has not been shy in putting service front and center in the car purchase or lease. She even organized workshops for us new owners of the latest technology Acuras. I agree with you that lowest price is not the most important thing especially if they don't offer the service to back it up.0:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you were in and out in 20 minutes, maybe not such a good deal. My salesman took more time than that to help us pair our iPhones to Blue Tooth, set up our presets for seats, mirrors, etc, and give me some quick lessons on the navigation systems, key fob, and other things. Even with all that I still spend a lot of "driveway time" learning new things and experimenting. >:D

In all seriousness enjoy the car and driving experience and I hope you find your dealership to be as valuable player in that as I have. Oh yes, I, too am leasing.;)
I don't know about you all, but I think I can handle operating my seats, mirrors, and phone without much assistance. Id rather just have them toss me the keys and I get on with life as well.

No I bought have I ever let them do a "delivery lesson" on. I insist on the keys and I am off. That is all carp you can learn on the test drive.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I don't know about you all, but I think I can handle operating my seats, mirrors, and phone without much assistance. Id rather just have them toss me the keys and I get on with life as well.

No I bought have I ever let them do a "delivery lesson" on. I insist on the keys and I am off. That is all carp you can learn on the test drive.
Personally, I enjoyed my delivery lesson, but that's my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.